Audi RS Q3

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Well that derailed quickly. Thanks for the advise guys. Gonna go with petrol version

Now to pick a colour navara blue or black

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Navara blue is nice when clean, probably nearly as difficult to keep clean as black.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Chrome trim or black edition? If Chrome then Navara blue, but if black edition then black

seanmooney

RMS Regular
@-herc- how did you find the Q3 with 2 kids?

Were thinking of going for a Q3 and we have only one wee girl but you never know what happens lol..

I just thought they were maybe on the small side with prams and all

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@seanmooney we have a Q5 and find it cramped with just one kid, especially if you have people in the back with the car seat - we are talking about a second kid and seriously think the Q5 will be too small for us with all the kit needed :worried:

Considering changing it at the minute to be honest.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
We looked at the Q5 when changing from the A5 and actually got a better PCP deal on the A7. At the time, Audi were making huge dealer contributions.
Now the A7 is like a cavern inside, the boot is huge and our piddly 230bhp V6 Ultra is returning 40mpg.... not that that's overly important if you've been running an RSQ3 ;)

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
@-herc- how did you find the Q3 with 2 kids?

Were thinking of going for a Q3 and we have only one wee girl but you never know what happens lol..

I just thought they were maybe on the small side with prams and all

Only one kid pal. The Q3 is tiny buddy it’s like a taller A3 but with the car seat in the back it’s too cramped for my daughter.

The Q5 will be better suited for us. Q7 is too big imo.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
@seanmooney we have a Q5 and find it cramped with just one kid, especially if you have people in the back with the car seat - we are talking about a second kid and seriously think the Q5 will be too small for us with all the kit needed :worried:

Considering changing it at the minute to be honest.

We test drove the new 2019 VW Toraque. It is beautiful and very spacious. Our kid is 4 soon so the pranks etc are gone. So thinking the Q5 is plentiful for us.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Calling up to Audi later today to see how long it will take to get Q5 in petrol in stock. Pref black or navara blue.

We did pick a Matt black Q5 black edition and the guys were moving it in from Germany for us but after long thinking we cancelled as we want petrol.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
We test drove the new 2019 VW Toraque. It is beautiful and very spacious. Our kid is 4 soon so the pranks etc are gone. So thinking the Q5 is plentiful for us.

The new Touareg is unbelievable, but as you say too big for what you require.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
The new Touareg is unbelievable, but as you say too big for what you require.

The sat nav was unbelievable too! But yes I like Audi so the Q5 is the best alternative.

We test drove the jag f pace , Volvo XC60 , bmw x3&x5 and Touareg but we are sticking with Audi. The Touareg was beautiful but the cost was too much!

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Am I the only one that thinks getting a jeep type car in petrol is madness?? Lol. Surely it will be hard to shift on? We keep saying it's the end of diesels but as audi have recently release details on their performance diesels, I'm not so sure on that anymore.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Am I the only one that thinks getting a jeep type car in petrol is madness?? Lol. Surely it will be hard to shift on? We keep saying it's the end of diesels but as audi have recently release details on their performance diesels, I'm not so sure on that anymore.

We already have the RSQ3 pal and looking a change to something bigger. So well used to a petrol jeep.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I can't even remember how to change gear.
I jumped into a golf yesterday with dsg to move it out of the way and nearly went through the fffffing windscreen when I stood on the brake by mistake .totally forgot myself ,do you ever get used to auto .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Calling up to Audi later today to see how long it will take to get Q5 in petrol in stock. Pref black or navara blue.

We did pick a Matt black Q5 black edition and the guys were moving it in from Germany for us but after long thinking we cancelled as we want petrol.
I would seriously reconsider going for a black one as there a total pain in the d:ck to keep .Not only that but it’s a very common colour and with it being petrol in a few years will be a nightmare to sell on imo.

pinto200

RMS Regular
is there not a brave wait on a new Q5 as the new model is built in Mexico? We waited an age and ours was already on its way as a stock order.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
is there not a brave wait on a new Q5 as the new model is built in Mexico? We waited an age and ours was already on its way as a stock order.

Yep Aug they have said about getting us a petrol version.

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
I jumped into a golf yesterday with dsg to move it out of the way and nearly went through the fffffing windscreen when I stood on the brake by mistake .totally forgot myself ,do you ever get used to auto .

Simple answer, yes you do get used to it... but more than that for me I wouldn’t have a manual again unless there was no other option lol

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Just out from Audi. They got this moved in for us but I’m considering petrol instead. I have asked a lot of people and they are all saying petrol so I’m lost on what to do.

We don’t do the miles (Q3 has 24k in 4years) so is it a better choice to go petrol over diesel??

73E1B989-A0E5-4D19-BBCC-55C739595A83.jpeg