Audi RS Q3

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Have a PPF in my car, it's a balls for strangling the sound from the exhaust.

Hope there's no chance of mazda 2.2 style oil dilution issues..... :worried:

There isn’t - gasoline particulate filters don’t need post injection to regenerate, they regenerate during overrun events

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Just out from Audi. They got this moved in for us but I’m considering petrol instead. I have asked a lot of people and they are all saying petrol so I’m lost on what to do.

We don’t do the miles (Q3 has 24k in 4years) so is it a better choice to go petrol over diesel??

View attachment 235640

For the mileage you do please get a petrol - a modern EU6d diesel will struggle to cope in terms of DPF and that goes for any brand

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Just out from Audi. They got this moved in for us but I’m considering petrol instead. I have asked a lot of people and they are all saying petrol so I’m lost on what to do.

We don’t do the miles (Q3 has 24k in 4years) so is it a better choice to go petrol over diesel??

View attachment 235640
I did say not to go for a black one but to be fair that’s a smart looking jeep .my only worry about a Petrol one would be the resale issues in a few years time .all you will hear is ,”you should of bought a diesel “and “that must be hard on petrol”.😡 .for all the miles your doing I wouldn’t like to be making your decision lol.Its a lot of money to choose the wrong one .

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
I did say not to go for a black one but to be fair that’s a smart looking jeep .my only worry about a Petrol one would be the resale issues in a few years time .all you will hear is ,”you should of bought a diesel “and “that must be hard on petrol”.😡 .for all the miles your doing I wouldn’t like to be making your decision lol.Its a lot of money to choose the wrong one .

Tbh the Q5 will go back to Audi as a trade in for something else in 4-5years.. yes it does look smart.

I think we are going to go with the petrol. He can have one in for me for the end of Aug..

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Good bye RSQ3 and hello black edition Q5 Quattro

F22EC1D7-49B4-410B-B729-5B95531695FD.jpeg

C5D0F0A5-F774-40FC-8824-57C80160E837.jpeg
384AE24E-8EA3-459E-83FF-CEF466F79DF8.jpeg

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Well the Q3 will be here until the end of Summer as friends are buying it - but they are not back until August.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Anyone know a good company close to Holywood to give the car a good clean every now and then.

Nothing crazy just a good clean and interior clean also

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Expect lots of "is that really a 4.5 litre?" Type questions 😂

even the mechanic in my work came back from the Audi dealership saying "there's a 4.0 in the new S5, but it said A5 4.0tfsi on the boot" I had to correct him lmao

Very nice black is a great colour when clean 😂 all other times you just hate it

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Expect lots of "is that really a 4.5 litre?" Type questions 😂

even the mechanic in my work came back from the Audi dealership saying "there's a 4.0 in the new S5, but it said A5 4.0tfsi on the boot" I had to correct him lmao

Very nice black is a great colour when clean 😂 all other times you just hate it

Thanks pal - yep black is a nightmare thus I’m looking somewhere local to Holywood/Bangor that is a good car wash service

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
For a decent wash you could give Bangor Auto Valet a go just off Hamilton Road. Stephen is a nice guy and into his cars

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Still have the Q5 family wagon. But decided to get myself something fun. Deposit left for this - Skoda Octavia vRS 245ps

Attachments

• A4D6622B-5717-48AE-8C9E-69E7505E63A1.jpeg
    A4D6622B-5717-48AE-8C9E-69E7505E63A1.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 2518C342-FC1D-4BE4-A61B-3CCC7D6B63AE.jpeg
    2518C342-FC1D-4BE4-A61B-3CCC7D6B63AE.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Regarding personalised plates. Can I put for example BA70ABC plate on a 2018 car.

Last edited:

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
No as the plate is younger than the car

Depending when in 2018 it was registered the latest plate would be 18 or 68 if going for that style plate

ahh bollox found a great personalised reg I wanted.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Just out from weights. Needs a new bumper, front quarter panel, new headlight as it’s got a crack and either a new alloy if they can’t refurb the diamond cut patterns. Booked in to get fixed in January.

Thank £&@? the other guys insurance is covering it. Going to get the coolant checked on Monday as it just keeps disappearing ffs!! Had it in with Skoda and turkington pit stop and no one can find the bloody leak.

It’s killing me this! Should have kept my run around car just.

Reactions: wes