Audi RS Q3

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
No point stressing about it, let insurance deal with it and it’ll come back as before.

I’m surprised Skoda can’t find the leak. The thermostat is a known weak point in the 2.0T, I assume it’s not that?

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
No point stressing about it, let insurance deal with it and it’ll come back as before.

I’m surprised Skoda can’t find the leak. The thermostat is a known weak point in the 2.0T, I assume it’s not that?

Nope brought it to Skoda in Lurgan and explained the thermostat housing is a common fault worldwide. Of course they played dumb and never heard of this fault!! F&@king salesmen…

They pressure tested it and couldn’t find a leak but decided to quote £2k to just replace the housing , water pump and belt !!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I can’t remember exactly but something tells me it doesn’t appear to leak?! I had the thermostat in my Golf replaced by Phillips. I’m sure there was something strange like that, but could be wrong!

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
I can’t remember exactly but something tells me it doesn’t appear to leak?! I had the thermostat in my Golf replaced by Phillips. I’m sure there was something strange like that, but could be wrong!

It’s back in next week with turkington. They topped it up and a month later it drop well below minimum again. So I’ll leave it to him to hopefully fix.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Thought that too but Skoda and turkington couldn’t figure it out!
Yeah, hard to find the leak. Mine actually threw a code after a while. As @Lyons says, weak point on them, my S3 had the thermostat housing replaced - it’s part of the water pump so dear enough if not under warranty. Was about £580 at Belfast Service Centre. Audi charge nearly £900!

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Les is a good lad so he will be able to sort it.

Aye he is. Removed the bag from it the other week when I called to get it topped up. He’s taking it in on the 20th so fingers crossed it gets sorted

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Not something as daft as the coolant cap not sealing and leaking/evaporating out there? Was there not one of the vag range was doing that? Can you ever see a puddle/drip stain on the ground?

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Not something as daft as the coolant cap not sealing and leaking/evaporating out there? Was there not one of the vag range was doing that? Can you ever see a puddle/drip stain on the ground?
Nope never seen a stain or a leak. It’s losing it slowly so clueless as to where. It’s been to two mechanics and they can’t find it either.

I wish it was as something as daft as that buddy.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
I’ve had to buy a new coolant tank for the other half’s Passat CC. Eventually figured out the coolant was seeping out of the seam around the middle. No trace or stains so was more luck that I found it.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Turkingtons replaced the thermostat housing and pump! hopefully that has fixed the coolant issues out..
Booked in on Jan 13th to get the front end sorted.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Car has been in since the 13th Jan getting repaired. Was meant to get her back 20th Jan but it was delayed awaiting the alloy to be resprayed. Got a call the other day to be told the company resprayed the alloy the wrong colour FML!! Anyway due back next week all being well....

On another note I am now considering parting ways with her due to the issues I've had - I feel I have lost the love for it now! Looking on autotrader for a similar spec vRS as mine they are fetching £20k+ An example - Edwin May have a May 2018 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI 245 vRS 5dr with 30k mileage for £22,000

I checked autotrader valuation for mine and its telling me £18,300. What is a realistic price i aim for selling private? Exact model as Edwin may and i have 29k milage

Thanks

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Car picked up and all sorted!! Right what sort of price shall I advertise this at?

2018 Skoda Octavia vRS 245 comp pack! 29k mileage. Services at 21k and will be serviced again this month! Has 4 new Michelin PS4S tyres.

AA4A35A5-3972-4DF0-BF73-0B1BC7CBFA55.jpeg