AUDI RS3 / Nardo Grey

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
Hi guys, thank you for all the kind words regarding the RS3

No sooner had I posted the thread yesterday than I had to shoot off so only getting back to the thread now.

I actually prefer the all silver alloys. I'm not a huge fan of black or anthracite alloy wheels and I think imo the silver alloys break up the Nardo grey a fair bit. They're much nicer in the flesh I must say.

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
@Boydie it has the chrome exterior pack. I actually chose it again as I thought it complemented the nardo paintwork.

However i decided to have Mark Maxwell wrap the front grill to see how it looked. He made a great job of it and as you know, the wrap can be easily removed if it wasn't to the new owners tastes.

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
I actually think it looks alot fresher with the silver wheels and chrome exterior pack. I had the black edition pack with black wheels etc on the RS6 and I think this is a nice change to a RS model.

Looks great (y)

Conor

RMS Regular
Class mate. (y)

Out of interest, how would you compare it to the likes of a Golf R or M2/3/4? I'd imagine it's a better all round car than the above but from a 'driver's' point of view how does it compare? It was definitely a car I considered before the M2 but never even test drove one.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Looks great, they are fantastic motors. Really been enjoying driving my wifes!

Different colours suit different exterior packs. Ours has the full black pack which suits blue. The silver lifts the grey.

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
Class mate. (y)

Out of interest, how would you compare it to the likes of a Golf R or M2/3/4? I'd imagine it's a better all round car than the above but from a 'driver's' point of view how does it compare? It was definitely a car I considered before the M2 but never even test drove one.

Thanks buddy. If you're ever passing call in and you can take it a run

The Golf R's are a great car. They do everything so well and VW really pushed the envelope when it comes to the cars dynamics However in my opinion they've become a victim of their own success. They're too common, I think they're too Conservative in their looks for a range topper and the engine lacks drama. They are £10/15k cheaper than an equivalent RS3 mind you so on that count they offer a very tempting proposition for most.

However for me the RS3 trumps it in pace, rarity, looks (which are ofcourse subjective), outright pace and ofcourse noise.

As for the M2/M3/M4 all great cars however in everything other than bone dry conditions they are a handful. They are a much livelier, demanding car but for all weather, all road, all condition performance the RS3s are devastingly fast. They might not provide the ultimate driving experience and lose out to the M cars on the last 5% of balls to the wall driving and on track but as an all rounder and for b/fast road use there's really not much to sit with them.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Would love a drive in one to determine if it would be worth the extra cash to upgrade from my S3 Saloon.

Conor

RMS Regular
Thanks buddy. If you're ever passing call in and you can take it a run

The Golf R's are a great car. They do everything so well and VW really pushed the envelope when it comes to the cars dynamics However in my opinion they've become a victim of their own success. They're too common, I think they're too Conservative in their looks for a range topper and the engine lacks drama. They are £10/15k cheaper than an equivalent RS3 mind you so on that count they offer a very tempting proposition for most.

However for me the RS3 trumps it in pace, rarity, looks (which are ofcourse subjective), outright pace and ofcourse noise.

As for the M2/M3/M4 all great cars however in everything other than bone dry conditions they are a handful. They are a much livelier, demanding car but for all weather, all road, all condition performance the RS3s are devastingly fast. They might not provide the ultimate driving experience and lose out to the M cars on the last 5% of balls to the wall driving and on track but as an all rounder and for b/fast road use there's really not much to sit with them.

Great answer, and I'll hopefully take you up on that run!

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
This looks perfect Stefan, how quick are these compared to its rivals?

Hiya buddy. Hope you're keeping well.

Very sharp mate lol On a back road theres not much would pull away. Everyone slates fast Audis for uninvolving handling and understeer but I've found the RS3 to be very clued in and switched on.

Obviously something like a MK3 Focus RS might edge it for out and out dynamics but for doing everything in one package I don't think there's a better car in the class

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
I'm always on watching the carwow videos and this just reminded me of the one involving the RS3:

I know it's a league above the others really, except maybe the A45 which is a bit closer but that's the point, it shows how much more bang you get with the RS3 model compared to the focus RS and the Golf R etc. (y)

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Lovely car and very cool colour!

I can only imagine they respond well to a cheeky remap and exhaust!