Audi RS6 Gearbox

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
OP
A6Avant
Drives
A6 Avant
What an absolute ball ache this car has been for you buddy.

I feel sorry for you :worried:

Sympathy appreciated! And to make matters worse, I was hoping to have it back in time for the meet this weekend but it looks as though that aint gonna happen. FML!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I'm so bummed out by this thread, hope everything sorts itself out for you in the end. :-(

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
completely gutting thread :worried:. Its just such an awesome sounding spec of car and yet such a pity you've had all this grief/expense. Would you not keep it for abit when its sorted and at least try to get some enjoyment out of it, after all the hassle?

Jason

RMS Regular
£300 each way + VAT. Remember the car wasnt moving on the way over - it was locked in gear. So they charged me extra for that. It all adds up! Believe me, if there was an easier way of doing it, I would. But a car like this, you just cant afford to cut corners. If youre gonna do it, do it right

I can get you any vehicle lifted in England for £200

A6Avant

RMS Regular
OP
A6Avant
Drives
A6 Avant
I can get you any vehicle lifted in England for £200

Yup, I have paid this before for my other car. The deal I did for this car was a return trip with agreed figure before they did the job. It wasnt straight forward on the way over so it worked out a bit more expensive. Their yard is across the road from the house so I can walk over and lift the car when its brought back. As I said before, cheapest isnt always best and for this car I didnt want to be taking any chances

Jason

RMS Regular
Yup, I have paid this before for my other car. The deal I did for this car was a return trip with agreed figure before they did the job. It wasnt straight forward on the way over so it worked out a bit more expensive. Their yard is across the road from the house so I can walk over and lift the car when its brought back. As I said before, cheapest isnt always best and for this car I didnt want to be taking any chances

I understand, I don't use some rinky dink outfit the guy has about 10 lorrys on the road at one time just gives a good rate to trade!

veedubboy

RMS Regular
Feel bad for you mate .. A dear lesson in buying a car in England . Got a c5 rs6 saloon myself recently and am very aware of the dreaded torque converter issues of the box :worried:
Hope it gets sorted soon ..your car is on the ramps according to UNIT 20's Facebook update pics btw

Last edited:

veedubboy

RMS Regular
Any photos of yours Nigel? I just missed you at P360 a few weeks ago.

No probs..our old black GTI is in four winds now btw...sold her and then this came up in a traders..too cheap to turn down :grinning:
262440_10151970962908228_2088920546_n.jpg

P360 turned the dial to 11 for me after I sorted the exhaust system :grinning:

A6Avant

RMS Regular
OP
A6Avant
Drives
A6 Avant
UPDATE AGAIN!

Engine has been installed again and all required work is now complete. Car is being returned to me at the end of the week. Looking forward to getting it back and have a few runs in it in the following days. Tempted to take it to Sprucefield next Monday night if the meet is still on? I'll give another update when I get it back and hopefully a few pictures of her all polished up!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
UPDATE AGAIN!

Engine has been installed again and all required work is now complete. Car is being returned to me at the end of the week. Looking forward to getting it back and have a few runs in it in the following days. Tempted to take it to Sprucefield next Monday night if the meet is still on? I'll give another update when I get it back and hopefully a few pictures of her all polished up!

There are a few Audi S/RS owners on here these days. We should organise a meet. @Phil_D @Boydie @BBSBOY @A6Avant @veedubboy

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
UPDATE AGAIN!

Excellent news, I'm sure you can't wait!

Still planning on selling it?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, shame to sell after all that effort, might as well keep it for a while and get some enjoyment.

But can understand if you got fed up by all the problems...

A6Avant

RMS Regular
OP
A6Avant
Drives
A6 Avant
Just received the car back this afternoon and gave her a quick wash. Havent had a chance to take it for a proper drive yet but it all seems to be working 100% so its smiles all round!

Took a few quick iPhone pics before the rain started. I'll be sure and update when I take her for a proper run over the weekend!

24CBCFDB-8652-432F-A79E-4BC7C72BE35F-23673-000016EDAD22B1BE_zpsc42e6cb2.jpg

064D8785-461B-4DF5-8B0B-A5569ED5528D-23673-000016EDB48BBB75_zps7ef37edc.jpg

36A5A737-C1F8-4C02-89B2-98794A759F36-23673-000016EDC218B125_zpsf3de305d.jpg

4DA1F733-5927-4F60-9B36-A68886822379-23673-000016EDC8873AF0_zpsad410ed5.jpg

46C19C24-C68B-4403-A236-884936A2B2FC-23673-000016EDBB9CB893_zpsa9ed0216.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.