Audi S3 8V Sportback

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Quick wash before the hosepipe ban. Sh1te pics but couldn’t be arsed moving it 😊

D4AA5B48-4B46-4CB0-9381-30F235F4163C.jpeg
9AEBA463-90F7-44D2-8901-4155529CC4A0.jpeg

Off for a couple of weeks at the end of the month so will spend a bit of time on it and clean it properly. Needs the door / hatch shuts cleaned, interior cleaned and leather treated and the engine bay needs doing too.

On the todo list -
  • Rear bumper and hatch painted
  • Brake fluid change
  • Oil & Inspection service
  • Wheel refurb
  • Find some kind of CarPlay adapter
  • Fit dash cams
  • Revo Stage 1
  • Fit Racingline stuff

Need to get a few quid gathered up now.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I would be interested in the car play stuff as well

I put off fitting dash cam for months lol ended up going to Audio Advice to fit it when I was working in Craigavon

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE

Only drove it from Belfast Service Centre to the house and it hasn’t move since!
Seems more responsive and there’s a bit more noise but will need to get out for a proper drive in dynamic mode with the windows down to get a better idea. Looks cool though 😜
The whole idea was this is prep for Revo Stage 1 later in the year.
Bit of a balls having to book in again for the brake fluid.
For cost comparison, the inspection and oil service and fitting the Racingline stuff was the same price as what I paid for just the oil and inspection service at Audi

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Went on the run of shame to the bottle bank yesterday and had a listen with the windows down. You can definitely hear the turbo and there’s much more induction noise. Was worried, given I’m getting up in the years, that it might be too loud and chavvy but it’s subtle 👍🏻 Might have to get it remapped sooner.
Reading through RComms M140i and the talk of B12 kit has put the idea back in my head about getting some Bilstiens dampers to compliment the Eibach Pro Kit. Seems that I’m finding ways of spending the cash I’m saving on lockdown 🥺

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Have you cured the water leak in your boot? I’m having the same issue

Leak sorted. Seems it was the cover panel that sits over the boot latch wasn’t seated properly due to bent metal fixing clips

This panel

0C12A589-7A4B-4D27-ACED-FA940BFE6D49.jpeg

These clips

462BC50E-2D33-46C7-A8E9-6F4947A88C97.jpeg

Audi refitted it when it was in for a service as it was lying in the boot (I had left it off as I was monitoring for more leaks). Seems to have done the trick. I think because the trim was sitting incorrectly then the boot seal was letting in water.
There’s some reports on line of brittle drain tubes from the pano roof (if you have one) causing leaks into the boot. Lots of stripping to get at them and replace.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Aye, but Racingline are linked to the VW group. I know their springs etc don’t void VW warranties.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE

pmk

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 8 AI400
Jb4 is a great job, just remember to run the obd cable through the bulkhead behind the battery as some have had issues with it melting running it through the drivers side. You can buy the afr harness or it is made up quite easily.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Jb4 is a great job, just remember to run the obd cable through the bulkhead behind the battery as some have had issues with it melting running it through the drivers side. You can buy the afr harness or it is made up quite easily.

I had an AFR loom and sold it along with my JB4 and Bluetooth Connect kit that I never fitted. The guy that makes them on VWROC hasn’t got any at the minute due to lockdown but I’ll keep an eye on eBay and VWROC for one.
I’ll run the OBD cable inside the car to the passenger side and out through the grommet behind the battery to avoid it melting 👍🏻

pmk

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 8 AI400
If you can get the two plugs online I have the wires here with the correct ends to plug in. You can have them. I bought extra when making mine. It is handy enough made.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
If you can get the two plugs online I have the wires here with the correct ends to plug in. You can have them. I bought extra when making mine. It is handy enough made.

Cheers. I ordered the parts online from somewhere in Eastern Europe the last time - I’ll see if I can get them from VW if they’re open