Audi S3 8V Sportback

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
So my 2016 Golf R lease has now gone back and this is the replacement.

April 2015 Audi S3 8V Sportback with 30K miles. Overall in excellent condition (few stone chips and age related marks), very pleased.

Spec as follows –

Panther Black Crystal Effect Paint
S-Tronic
Supersport Heated Seats (electric lumbar)
Audi MMI Nav Plus
Audi Music Interface (AMI)
Bluetooth Phone Connection
Tech Pack
Xenon Plus Headlights (Light and Rain Sensor)
Rear Parking System
Cruise Control
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Comfort Package
Privacy Glass
Acoustic windscreen with sunband

Would have liked B&O but beggars can’t be choosers!

I was prepared to travel for one of these but this one came up locally and was originally a N. Ireland car with full Audi service history. They were good enough to hold it for me for a few weeks while I sorted my lease return and reg transfer.

Few dealer pics from the advert -

8D4D3C2D-0EED-4D65-89C2-B99A33736F03.jpeg

64AD3966-AB1A-41F0-9357-16705DD90D24.jpeg

BCB05CDA-3CB1-4054-B2EA-5F5BB84DBE71.jpeg

2537754F-B8B0-41BF-B843-6BB34BE4EA17.jpeg

DC555F6C-0EF9-4A62-88FE-2FBACC7B9111.jpeg

C60B61C8-86FB-4815-BFF1-A4235218F6C7.jpeg

B624137B-46E4-4BF2-AE87-FE44BFB37567.jpeg

5263A992-9EDE-4E1B-BFCE-A89257F71A7E.jpeg

5185B27E-462D-4091-BECD-FB2A5786CDBD.jpeg

16FA2782-9D4C-4E15-B917-26BAFE38FCAE.jpeg

As there’s a warranty on this for 6 months I’ll be leaving it alone for the time being. It currently has Conti SportContact 5 tyres on the front and Zetas on the rear. The Zetas will be coming off ASAP and I’ll either replace the rears with Contis to match the front or replace all 4 with a set of Michelin PS4, still haven’t decided yet.

Plans are –

Paint correction to make the best of the Panther Black (it really is class!) and a coating, probably Gtechniq but not sure which version a I won’t be needing anything like 9 years protection.
Keep it clean (not like the Golf).
Maybe fit spacers (I have them already in 11 and 16mm).
Maybe fit springs – 15mm max drop I think.
Maybe Revo Stage 1 when warranty runs out.
Source a spare set of 18s for my winter tyres.
Haldex service for peace of mind

I’m actually really happy with this in standard form, I like the 18” wheels – 19’s would be nice but not a must havefor me. 300bhp is actually plenty for a daily if I’m totally honest.

How does it compare to the Golf R? Well, my car was a base spec 3 door lease so the only extras were DSG and pearl paint so the interior of this is a much nicer place to be. Love the Supersport seats and it’s nice to have heated seats again (lumber is a welcome option too). The MMI Nav Plus and Tech Pack were expensive options and add an extra level of goodies which is nice. The car feels better finished than the Golf if I’m honest, however, the Golf had a great level of spec in standard form and I actually miss ACC (I know some people hate it). I also miss the AutoHold handbrake feature on the Golf.

My Golf was a 3 door and I prefered it to the 5 door Golf but I think the Sportback looks class, like a mini Avant.

It does feel a bit “heavier” than the Golf but I’m not sure why – could be anything, tyres, tyre pressure etc.

The S3 is a bit rarer than the Golf R on the road but the Golf R is a fantastic car. It gets some bad press from the anti lease brigade (because there are some great value lease deals available on them) who seem to think people who lease can’t afford the car they’re driving. Some of the negativity, especially on here got a bit dull and tiresome if I’m honest. I did consider another Golf R as I was very happy with mine but I fancied a bit of a visual change which is why I went for the S3.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
A great replacement for the golf, particularly as that car ticked a lot of boxes for yourself previously. Love the S3 on the RS6 alloys.

A remap will fairly make it a good level of exploitable performance for day to day stuff.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Absolutely fantastic Dave. Superb spec on it too, youve done very well there.

I was hoping to see a thread tonight but thought you’d be too busy enjoying it!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Very nice and if it keeps haunting you.....do it (y)lol hte

I’ve no pennies left! Officially busted!

Absolutely fantastic Dave. Superb spec on it too, youve done very well there.

I was hoping to see a thread tonight but thought you’d be too busy enjoying it!

Cheers Ian. It would have been perfect if it had B&O but I’m delighted with everything else. I’d be out driving it if it was taxed. Tried online but says I need to go to Post Office - pain in the hole.
Just noticed it has an Audi boot liner too (y)

Fantastic. Looks like great spec on it too

Cheers Coog. Reckon I was lucky to get one with this spec locally.

Very nice sir. HTD

Cheers (y)

Very nice choice. Health to enjoy.

Cheers (y)

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Welcome to the world of Audi panther black pain in the hole crystal effect paint .it will break your heart but looks superb if looked after VERY carefully .Get yours done with ceramic coating and let me know how you feel about it afterwards please as I’m not sure it’s worth spending £750 on .^o).bar that negative comment it is a lovely car you have got and I’m sure it will impress you as much as the r did .As you say it reminds me of my own car only in a smaller scale .set of springs and spacers would be sweet ..htd chum it looks smashing .

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Welcome to the world of Audi panther black pain in the hole crystal effect paint .it will break your heart but looks superb if looked after VERY carefully .Get yours done with ceramic coating and let me know how you feel about it afterwards please as I’m not sure it’s worth spending £750 on .^o)

I must be mad in the head buying another black car! Panther looks fantastic but will be a pain in the hole to keep. My Golf was ceramic coated and it had very few defects 2 years later.

Superb bud, let the modifying bug recommence.

Really lovely cars these, health to enjoy and modify (y):cool:

Cheers Richie (y) They really have grown on me. I’ll keep an eye on it during the warranty period just to be sure there’s no issues first.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Lovely, I wish you all the best with it Dave(y)

Also nice to know your R was returned with no issues, I'm sure it was playing on your mind

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Lovely, I wish you all the best with it Dave(y)

Also nice to know your R was returned with no issues, I'm sure it was playing on your mind

I was winding myself up about it to be honest Ian. Shouldn’t have but I did think they’d change for the kerbing.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Class, looks amazing. Enjoy.

vCDS can turn on some feature for you also and you might be able to turn on auto Hill hold lite.