Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Pliers arrived today

3FD208A1-FE42-4607-B51C-C1D0B62B63D9.jpeg

Will see if I can get a couple of hours sometime to get the fancy bits fitted. Based on how long it took me to paint the rear hubs it’ll probably be 2021 before they’re on!
Is there any need to get the gearbox mapped with Stage 1 Revo?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Sorry for not being detailed.

Stage 2 is a lot of money for little gain really, stage 1 is brilliant at £700 for 350hp.stage 2 is a few thousand for 380hp.

Cheers, I’ve no real intentions of going any further than Stage 1. With the Racingline stuff and a Revo I reckon that’ll do me for a while. I’ll concentrate on sorting the minor cosmetic issues after that like the bumper and wheel refurb. I’d like to do the reverse camera retrofit and sort some way of getting CarPlay on the MMI

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
It’ll not take long to fit that lot :joy:

Did you get the manifold cover?

Mine was on back order with VW and was only dispatched the other day.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
It’ll not take long to fit that lot :joy:

Did you get the manifold cover?

Mine was on back order with VW and was only dispatched the other day.

I’ll need to watch some YouTube videos. Intake and silicone hose looks handy enough, not so sure about the muffler and elbow. It’s also a cert the content of the coolant system will end up all over my drive 😜
Haven’t got the manifold cover yet, have spent enough this month!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Mine is the DQ250 6 speed, yours is DQ500

From Revo site:

Revo TCU Software offers improved response and optimised shift points but maintains the characteristics of Drive and Sports mode. Manual mode now gives you more control by disabling the automatic kick down feature, unlike drive mode where if you plant your foot the gears automatically kick down, allowing you to select the gear you want and make the most of the increased torque from Revo ECU software. Automatic upshift is still active all in modes to offer the best performance and safety for your engine, whilst Dynamic Launch Control allows you to launch at various RPM points depending on your throttle position, improving your 0-60mph times.

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Same kit as mine. You’ll not be disappointed.

Turbo muffler delete definitely makes things a lot louder!

Really, I’ve spoken with ones who have the muffler delete and can’t hear any difference.

More noise will be from the intake IMO.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
After @Jordy mentioned the inlet manifold cover I went and had a look at my engine bay. Not sure if the VAG part will fit as the Audi engine cover is different

Audi
ECA9E08B-9473-4E9B-B329-44B3F39D426B.jpeg

VW with manifold cover

5F40C42A-99E4-4970-84EA-8BB010E0DFE5.jpeg

Can’t find anything online for one fitted to an S3

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Dunno why I assumed you had same cover as golf r etc:monkey:

To be honest it never really occurred to me that they were different.
Watched a video this morning on fitting the turbo muffler delete and I think I might need to get a professional to do it. Knowing my luck I’ll loose all the bits in the engine bay!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Service indicator flashed up I’m overdue an oil service and inspection. Think I’ll just get it booked in with Belfast Service Centre when they’re open. I’ll likely get them to fit all my Racingline stuff too as I’m a lazy heur. Hard to stomach Audi charging £170 to “inspect” my car and add the price of an oil change on top. This inspection sh1te really is a con.