Audi S3 8V

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Hes the double of you

Here's hoping he gets the car bug for future years! Him and Spencer need to carry on the legacy, Ava wants a horse lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Picked up the laptop with my new software to go get the pumps installed.

096C2C41-E922-469E-A854-4F54D97DF9EE.jpeg

Big thanks to BBSBOY and Fluff for persevering with this task. Took a lot longer than expected but we go there in the end.

Didn’t take too many photos as BBSBOY hates paparazzi but I managed to sneak a couple.

Decided it was best practice to change the cam follower. A totally new design compared to my last S3 and not an essential part to replace but for the money, I thought may as well. You can see some wear on the inner face but it was smooth to touch

32D94FF9-5837-4050-ABFF-FC03B511315F.jpeg

The in tank LPFP needed the housing modified to install the uprated pump. Car now stinks of fuel lol

F8C201AA-2DF5-40CF-9F0B-4C101CFC15DF.jpeg

Ran into a few problems putting the in tank pump back in but they got there in the end.

All installed, software on and now to drive it. Didn’t want to hoke it on the way home so hopefully get some time this week before the rolling road day on Saturday.

Now needs interior put back together and a good clean!

Until the next mod lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
No idea tbh. I was a bit miffed when they said I couldn’t go on the 4WD roller due to the rollers not being “linked” but after chatting to them about them tuning Golf R’s and just finishing an APR Stage 3 RS3, it gave me some reassurance.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
As long as you use the same place and same procedure every time then you can get a real idea about progression and that's really what they are for. The actual number is just an indication to get an idea. The actual power depends in so many variables it's never going to be exact.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I've yet to come across a four-wheel roller that can deal with a Haldex. Or at least with the one in my car. It shifts power around so fast that between the rollers and the Haldex they just confuse the heck out of each other. Two-wheel is so much more stable and accurate. Especially since the main point is to see progression.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Massively off topic but whats the size (mm) of your reg font lol

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Wish I had went with revo instead of apr.wonder would they do me a good deal to swop over .

Why? Had a joke with them to go easy on me but we had a chat after and they couldn't believe how smooth the power delivery was with the Revo software

zafturbo

RMS Regular
No idea tbh. I was a bit miffed when they said I couldn’t go on the 4WD roller due to the rollers not being “linked” but after chatting to them about them tuning Golf R’s and just finishing an APR Stage 3 RS3, it gave me some reassurance.
Did they give you any indication of the figures the rs3 was running .they have tuned loads of golfs and a couple of very rapid ones at that .a stage 3 Rs sounds epic ,but very expensive

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Next stop should be a set of forged pistons&rods, set of camshafts and a cheeky borg warner efr and an aftermarket ECU that'll work with the direct injection - failing that ditch the di and go to normal injectors - either way then you'll really be racking up the bhp points :grinning: