Audi S3 8V

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Boydie what’s your 100-200 time on this set up .??

60-130mph best according to Dragy is 9.52s

I have never really paid much attention to this figure as at the minute when I cross the Q Mile line I'm between 120-127mph

1663059502755.jpeg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
60-130mph best according to Dragy is 9.52s

I have never really paid much attention to this figure as at the minute when I cross the Q Mile line I'm between 120-127mph

View attachment 374899
That’s a good going car .what power figures is it making..I’m guessing around 500 and 500-600nm or am I miles away .

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Very sharp, must be around 7 odd seconds from 0-100mph? That’s supercar territory

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
That’s a good going car .what power figures is it making..I’m guessing around 500 and 500-600nm or am I miles away .

Rolling roaded at Autotune in FWD at 482bhp or there abouts, can't remember the torque figure off the top of my head
Very sharp, must be around 7 odd seconds from 0-100mph?

Unsure, Dragy doesn't record that but does 0-130mph in 12.7s

100-150mph in 10.5s
0-60mph in 3.1s

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
You can put it across the scales at Sprucefield easy enough at some point before / after a race and calculate power using the weight and quarter mile times. I'm sure the apps can do the same tbh and it won't be a mile out. Dunno if the Sprucefield one is self operated but the Nutts Corner one is.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
You can put it across the scales at Sprucefield easy enough at some point before / after a race and calculate power using the weight and quarter mile times. I'm sure the apps can do the same tbh and it won't be a mile out. Dunno if the Sprucefield one is self operated but the Nutts Corner one is.

There is a weighbridge in work which I wanted to use but didn't get round to it but its accuracy would be questionable

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Just pull into spruce field and hit the button ,wait for green light and drive slowly over the plates .it’s 24hr and yes I have had plenty of use from it over the years .not by choice may I add lol.cost me £2900 my last visit.😂

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Tickets bought for the first round of the Irish Drag Racing Series - lots happening in 2023

1668524812650.png

Looking forward to a dry race hopefully to see if purchasing these tyres will be worth it to get into the 10's. I plan to modify my exhaust again to remove the back box as it weighs a ton! Maybe go on a @'96dc2 diet and lose 20kg myself :joy:

Other than that, just fuel it, drive it and clean it. Hopefully no more unannounced maintenance for a while :worried:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Forgot to add that I am extremely tempted to do a track day some time next year but looking at the timetable above, that alone will cost the guts of £500 over the year so will see. Need to remember this is my daily :joy:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Your transfer box never go on you @Boydie .

Fingers crossed no/not yet - however my mate Matt in his Ara Blue RS3 from Bangor went on him :worried:

I don't know what causes them to go but I would get it serviced every other oil change - car now has 74k miles on it with 100+ launches under its belt, maybe its inevitable???

Nigelo

RMS Regular
A bit OT, but I see the tuners are getting some great results with the new MK8 R / S3 engine - seems 420 (bhp/hp/ps ?) with a stage 1 remap.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The transfer box is probably one of those things that don't fail gradually and gracefully, just go one day when something gives from stress over time and that's it. There are always budget constraints somewhere in any design. And let's face it, yours isn't exactly standard 😇

Put some money away towards it and just keep enjoying the car. Nothing lasts forever and with the use and fun you have had from this car you can't complain really 😎

Race it, break it, fix it, race it again!