Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
After much deliberation and alot of searching for the right spec I have finally bought a car which I think is hopefully worthy of starting up a thread on. It's a white 2017 Audi S3 Sportback Back Edition with 21k and has super sport seats with bang and olufsen sound system and sub in the boot.

I collected it on Monday evening and @CharlySkunkWeed gave it it's first bath in the dark when we got home.
20191014_210401.jpg

It's taking a bit of getting used to after driving a 100bhp Adam for the last 5.5 years so I haven't set any land speed records just yet but I'm quickly adjusting to the auto box and love the sound it makes when I accelerate, several have mentioned a Revo map but I think I'll be more than happy with keeping it standard.
Adam kindly spend a few hours cleaning the tail pipes yesterday, I don't think they had ever been touched and he also fitted my dash cam.
Screenshot_20191019-194537_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20191019-194554_WhatsApp.jpg

I made the most of the good weather today and removed the dealer sticker from the rear window then cleaned all the interior glass, wiped down all the plastics and cleaned the leather seats, I also cleaned the pedals using diluted apc and a detailing brush and gave it a good Hoover as the previous owner allowed their dog in it, then it got a second wash. The engine bay needs a clean and it has a few tar spots that need removed but other than that it's in pretty good condition, no stone chips or scrapes, there are a few marks on the wheels which in a way is good as I'll not be heart broken if I touch a kerb.
20191020_133632.jpg

20191015_162519.jpg

It was serviced 4k miles ago but I plan to leave it with the mechanic during the week while I still have the Adam to get it checked over for peace of mind.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Amazing, well done Mel. Definitely the right choice.

Facelift looks great too (y).

Reactions: Mel

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Looks lovely, Definitely a big step up! I’m sure you’ll be loving the extra power

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Lovely. Those seats are a must have in my opinion.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Amazing, well done Mel. Definitely the right choice.

Facelift looks great too (y).

We had planned to sell both cars and talked about an RS3 between us but Adam is going to keep the Scoob so the S3 will be used as the daily and work horse.

Lovely! Those seats really set the interior off. Health to enjoy 😊

Yeah I thought I was going to have to go to England to get one with the seats then was fortunate this popped up in Belfast.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Hatchbacks are for dogs 😝 just be glad it wasn't a husky or you'd be still going for a while longer.

Looks like a very nice upgrade! Hope you enjoy it as much as the amount of thought that went into deciding lol

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Good choice, Think they suit the sportback variant now more than 3doors just due to size of them. I like the optional roof rails on the sportbacks too.

Fair aul step up from the adam!

Yeah I think they really suit it, it's the first 5 door car I've owned, I must be getting old.

Took it to work on Wed for the first time and actually laughed out loud when I overtook a lorry how easy it was to pass.
Very nice indeed and looks great in white.

Took 24 pages and I called it in the second post :p

View attachment 254035

So you did :laughing:, so much for the 15-20k budget, that went out the window.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Lovely car Mel, health to enjoy.
Nice plate too 😃

Thanks and yeah I was going to keep my MIG plate but prefer this one so won't bother.
Hatchbacks are for dogs 😝 just be glad it wasn't a husky or you'd be still going for a while longer.

Looks like a very nice upgrade! Hope you enjoy it as much as the amount of thought that went into deciding lol

I've hoovered it twice and there are still a few, it was only a small dog, a husky would of been a deal breaker :laughing:

Robin_Hood

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender
Great buy, facelift looks great and love the seats.

Tailpipes look good, they come off fairly easily for cleaning also. They won’t stay clean for long FYI lol

• Haha

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
Lovely looking car Mel, and them seats 😍

That’s some upgrade, Health to drive 👌

• Love