Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I'd a look through the options and I think the only other thing will be the bleep on locking/unlocking. I think everything else is sitting how she wants it.

Carista is perfect for that, the alarm chirp was the only thing I wanted as well. Bought one of amazon and it took a few minutes to enable it.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Not keen on the alarm chirp personally. The only thing I used it for was to turn on rear lights as DRL’s.
i think you should offer this as a service to majority of modern car owners who have no idea that because you have DRL front lights on doesn't automatically mean you have rear lights on
I see in that video he changes the lighting to Scandinavia so his rears DONT work as DRLs? Not sure why you'd want that.

Gambit

RMS Regular
I see in that video he changes the lighting to Scandinavia so his rears DONT work as DRLs? Not sure why you'd want that.

so that you can drive flat out at night and nobody can see you once you pass them :p

there was actually a story about a porsche 911 that was used as high speed parts courier across europe and it had wiring updates to allow all rear lights to be turned off for that very reason

EDIT: found the 911 story Knackered old Porsche with loads of miles - 996 content. - Page 1 - Readers' Cars - PistonHeads

• Haha
Reactions: Mel

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Small update @Steve kindly called around this evening and disabled the stop start and put the bleep on for locking and unlocking the doors.

Today was the first day I had it out in the wet, flip did it get dirty, joys of having no mud flaps I guess.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Just to add , the Stop Start has just been disabled, no option to turn it on via the button on the dash. The button led is now not lit when car is on (it used to come on automatically) , and if you push the button the led comes on and it tells you the Stop Start has been activated. . . . . .but It doesn't.
Just for anyone else who wants to do it.
I may be totally wrong as I've only drove it a couple of times , but did a test run and it didn't stop start in any position.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Small update @Steve kindly called around this evening and disabled the stop start and put the bleep on for locking and unlocking the doors.

Today was the first day I had it out in the wet, flip did it get dirty, joys of having no mud flaps I guess.

Anytime. Did u check to see if the DRL options now show in the menu?
Will be enjoying a Drumstick lolly with my Corona tonight, cheers 😀

Awesome motor btw. I can confirm the seats are fantastic.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Just to add , the Stop Start has just been disabled, no option to turn it on via the button on the dash. The button led is now not lit when car is on (it used to come on automatically) , and if you push the button the led comes on and it tells you the Stop Start has been activated. . . . . .but It doesn't.
Just for anyone else who wants to do it.
I may be totally wrong as I've only drove it a couple of times , but did a test run and it didn't stop start in any position.

FWIW Stop/Start needs to meet certain criteria before it happens , engine to temp, ambient temp above 3 Celsius etc. so it may have been activated , but just not kicked in.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
FWIW Stop/Start needs to meet certain criteria before it happens , engine to temp, ambient temp above 3 Celsius etc. so it may have been activated , but just not kicked in.
Yeah that's why I added the bit at the end of my post. We'd been sitting in the car with ignition on for a while, then on my test drive I'd to put the a/c on to clear the windows so battery may not have wanted the Stop Start to work anyhow.
We'll give it another try just to find out either way (y)

I had a really quick look and didn't see it but I'm in no way familiar with the car so would need a closer look.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3

The sweets were meant for the kids :laughing:.

Thanks, I'd filled the tank thinking it would need taken out to get it sorted and we didn't even move, should of offered to take you out a spin.

zafturbo

RMS Regular

I’m going to modify a set of a3 mud flaps for mine as it gets stinking very easily .that and the fact I don’t want the paint chipped anymore than it is .

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
The sweets were meant for the kids :laughing:.

Thanks, I'd filled the tank thinking it would need taken out to get it sorted and we didn't even move, should of offered to take you out a spin.

Don't worry I will share lol! (I'll be lucky if I get any!)