Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Can’t believe you have this 15 months already Mel .you still liking it ,mine is on life support machine atm lol

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
Can’t believe you have this 15 months already Mel .you still liking it ,mine is on life support machine atm lol
Yep still really love it, well yesterday not so much as paid £600 to insure it for the year :joy: . What is up with your car?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I spent some time rectifying an issue we noticed these last couple of weeks. @Mel car seemed to be seriously dirty even after washing. Especially the whole roof and grooves on the bonnet. It's hard to photograph but it was bad.
20210227_104821.jpg
20210227_104659.jpg
20210226_154510.jpg
20210226_154458.jpg

It does sit outside (the garage is for the scooby obviously, I mean that goes without saying 😜) but this seemed more than that as its cleaned well and regularly.
Today I tried everything, citrus prewash, detox shampoo, fallout remover, washed it twice. In the end only claybar would shift it.
I think it may have been a build up of Sonax or it may just be the joys of a white car and lighting the fire every night over winter.

Give it another wash, polished with Autofiness Tripple (it easily sorted a couple of bits I missed, good stuff) then sealed up with Krystal Kleen Detail SiCoat polymer spray.
Will give it a proper buff in the better weather but this sorted it in the meantime.

(Clayed on left, dirt on right)
20210227_120319.jpg

(See the bits missed around aerial)
20210227_120800.jpg

After
20210227_134932.jpg
20210227_135026.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Dirt does seem to get more ingrained and baked in when the car is sitting outside. More visible on a white car I guess. A good ceramic coating does help.

Good job getting it all off, that's a lot of muck there (y)

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Dirt does seem to get more ingrained and baked in when the car is sitting outside. More visible on a white car I guess. A good ceramic coating does help.

Good job getting it all off, that's a lot of muck there (y)
I'm on the fence with "coatings". I'm a polish and wax guy for the time being. Think we just left it too long for a full day decontamination.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Wax works too for sure, just more work.

I've never looked back after getting the coating. It's big outlay to do it properly, there's a lot else that kind of money could be used for. But it lasts for years and so much easier to keep clean. Looks good too :innocent:

The older Volvo isn't done yet. Kept wondering why it was such hard work to clean until the penny dropped. I'm a bit slow like that 😅

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Yep still really love it, well yesterday not so much as paid £600 to insure it for the year :joy: . What is up with your car?
Holy crap my insurance is only £400 ,suppose you moved from a good area with no anti social activity to the post part of the country .😂
I blew my transfer box ,very expensive repair lol.make sure yours is serviced regularly with good oil as it turns out there a problem in the golf r / s Rs 3 range .
I spent some time rectifying an issue we noticed these last couple of weeks. @Mel car seemed to be seriously dirty even after washing. Especially the whole roof and grooves on the bonnet. It's hard to photograph but it was bad.View attachment 313949View attachment 313950View attachment 313951View attachment 313952
It does sit outside (the garage is for the scooby obviously, I mean that goes without saying 😜) but this seemed more than that as its cleaned well and regularly.
Today I tried everything, citrus prewash, detox shampoo, fallout remover, washed it twice. In the end only claybar would shift it.
I think it may have been a build up of Sonax or it may just be the joys of a white car and lighting the fire every night over winter.

Give it another wash, polished with Autofiness Tripple (it easily sorted a couple of bits I missed, good stuff) then sealed up with Krystal Kleen Detail SiCoat polymer spray.
Will give it a proper buff in the better weather but this sorted it in the meantime.

(Clayed on left, dirt on right)View attachment 313956

(See the bits missed around aerial)View attachment 313955

AfterView attachment 313954View attachment 313957
you can do mine a day Adam when I get it back as it’s stinking ;like really bad .

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Holy crap my insurance is only £400 ,suppose you moved from a good area with no anti social activity to the post part of the country .😂
I blew my transfer box ,very expensive repair lol.make sure yours is serviced regularly with good oil as it turns out there a problem in the golf r / s Rs 3 range .

you can do mine a day Adam when I get it back as it’s stinking ;like really bad .
Would love to !
Sickening with the transfer box going

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Have to keep it a while longer after that! Can imagine it won't be too cheap to fix 🙁

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
20210404_165206.jpg
20210404_165225.jpg

Original wheels back on after getting them re-furbed at Polished Alloys, after months of debating I decided to keep them the same colour as they were:joy:, next up is a service in a couple of weeks.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Yeah Michael @polishingalloys did an excellent job to replicate the factory finish. They're grey/silver in the centre with a diamond cut face, all topped off with satin lacquer. Look as good as new.
I also painted the discs, and coated the wheels and calipers. Hate rusty looking brakes, need to do my own at some point too.

Before
20210403_102614.jpg

After (paint dried a satin black to match the calipers and wheels)
IMG_20210403_131700_896.jpg

20210403_122808.jpg
IMG_20210403_131700_889.jpg

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Yeah Michael @polishingalloys did an excellent job to replicate the factory finish. They're grey/silver in the centre with a diamond cut face, all topped off with satin lacquer. Look as good as new.
I also painted the discs, and coated the wheels and calipers. Hate rusty looking brakes, need to do my own at some point too.

Before
View attachment 318339
After (paint dried a satin black to match the calipers and wheels)
View attachment 318337

View attachment 318340View attachment 318341
Can you guys give me a rough idea of price, I need to get wife's wheels done the same. I had actually messaged Michael but he was trying to put me off the diamond cut.

20210215_155454.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Can you guys give me a rough idea of price, I need to get wife's wheels done the same. I had actually messaged Michael but he was trying to put me off the diamond cut.

View attachment 318343
He just wont guarantee the diamond cut, but nobody does. For the price we were willing to take our chances. Realistically the factory finish was no different and from what I could see were holding up fine from being 4 years old other than where they were kerbed. We dont use wheel cleaners so will hopefully be ok. We nearly just got them painted all the same as the centres but glad Mel went with the factory finish as it suits it. I'll pm you the price.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
20210409_174949.jpg

I booked the car in at @RubberLover this afternoon to get the wheel alignment checked, walked our dog up on my return and placed a beach towel on the passenger seat then lifted her carefully onto the seat in the hope no dog hairs would get anywhere, by the time I got round to the drivers side she had jumped onto my seat, probably her one and only trip in my car :laughing:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Seeing the Subaru got treated to a detail I thought I'd give @Mel S3 a diy version. Polished by hand, came up well. Ignore the wheels, they're winters but it's going for a service so thought I'd wait till after before putting the good wheels on. Exhaust tips will get a polish tomorrow.
20220326_171104.jpg
20220326_171051.jpg
20220326_170316.jpg
20220326_170301.jpg
20220326_170238.jpg
20220326_170251.jpg

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
20230304_175636.jpg

After nearly a quarter of a century behind the wheel I've finally given in and got a set of metro plates fitted, 2.5 years of ownership and I'm still really enjoying the car