Audi S4 B8 DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I wish I had known it was yours now as I would have gone to see it, as I said though, bit big, too late now as I purchased something today.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
So many time wasters :worried:

Tell me about it, market is littered with them. I just dropped mine to stupid cheap and finally got a deposit. Being collected Monday I think. Nightmare to sell at present, im leasing from now on if I want something over 20k in the future.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
After a look over it and run out in the car a few weeks ago I can honestly say this thing is ridiculously clean and properly rapid. I couldn't believe how quickly it goes from a standing start.

Superchargers are just awesome.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Tell me about it, market is littered with them. I just dropped mine to stupid cheap and finally got a deposit. Being collected Monday I think. Nightmare to sell at present, im leasing from now on if I want something over 20k in the future.

You finally got it sold then.. shocked at that too, thought it would've sold in a heartbeat, stunning car!

Think anything over 10k is hard to sell with out offering finance.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Heartbreaking.... I was trying to talk the mate into this but he has to sell his F30 320 1st.

Such a piece of kit for the money this S4 is imho.

For the power/mileage and condition it is great value. Prices over in England are a lot higher too. Keep chipping away at your mate lol he might buy it yet. So many offers over the phone ranging from 10-13k all refused obviously.

One guy came out and drove it loved it, he test drove v8 m3 day before and actually preferred my car for power/handling but obviously the v8 sounded better.

He went on to test drive rs4 at 35k and is buying that instead the lunatic. That was the only one guy who actually picked up the phone called and came out

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
After a look over it and run out in the car a few weeks ago I can honestly say this thing is ridiculously clean and properly rapid. I couldn't believe how quickly it goes from a standing start.

Superchargers are just awesome.
cheers Mont (y)

Yea it is defo quick for 3.0L lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
You finally got it sold then.. shocked at that too, thought it would've sold in a heartbeat, stunning car!

Think anything over 10k is hard to sell with out offering finance.

I wasnt too shocked to be honest after the first two weeks being on sale. Near 20k price tag with no warranty and in Northern Ireland. Was always going to be difficult. Plus most people when they want a V8 performance saloon look at Merc and BMW, very few turn to Jaguar. So I was screwed either way. Didnt do too badly in the end, given what I bought it for its worked out about £1k a year depreciation. Ill take that all day long for a car like that in such a niche market.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Keep telling myself it's a bad time of year but there's always someone with money looking a car.. it's just a waiting game suppose.

I'm driving away at it and loving it every time I do get the chance to drive it but it's becoming less and less now having the wee man and driving company van all week.

Defo want a motorbike for summer this year too so there's plenty of time yet.

Reactions: Ben

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
IMG_5661.JPG

Have had the car in dry storage over the snowy period, since I only use it the odd weekend for the odd trip to parents house etc I gave it a good clean and another wax.

Was meant to have a few viewings on the car and thought this would be good for the person to view it in a well light up dry area but constant no showers and time wasters!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I asked him when I first advertised it.. unfortunately he usually only sells cars with less than 50k miles and the mighty s4 has 75k with full history and every mot certificate to back up etc

Think finance is defo needed when your advertised a car over £10k in this country, hard work. So much interest but only 1 viewer and he's went on to save for a newer rs4...but preferred my car over a v8 m3!

Waiting on a guy from Dublin to do a deal but he's now wanting to sell his old car first because can't insure both at once and vrt needing paid within 30days so peace of mind wants his nice vxr sold to cover the vrt costs.

Not holding my breath.

Honestly think the first genuine person who is looking a car like that and has the cash they will easily buy it!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Well first proper guy who's interested in the car...not just out to drive it comparing it to the m3/rs4 etc..came out yesterday, loved it and left a decent deposit for it!

I'm well more than happy with the offer, picks it up next few days (y)

Will be sad to see the big lady go but had it a year now and it's time for a bike for the summer :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.