Audi S4 B8 DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Recently sold the big jag XFS and decided a diesel wasn't needed right now so changed to something a bit more fun and petrol (y)

Spent over my set budget as the car only really is used at weekends but it's a car I always wanted so it's worth it!

Audi S4 (B8)
3.0 V6 Supercharged
Sprint blue
DSG / flappy paddles
70k miles with full service history and previous MOT certs
Full black leather heated seats
Wheels just reconditioned
Usual S4 extras.

Car seems in really good order and even thou it was clean when I picked it up, I got it home spend hours minting it and giving it a coat of black hole etc.

Plans:
-put my private plate on
-upgrade pulley and map
-intake (price pending)
-make exhaust a tad louder (please advise??)
-get it detailed to get rid of any swirl marks
-lip spoiler/front splitter maybe

As above, looking some advice on how to make exhaust a tad louder but not too much, don't wana go down the route of the expense of an expensive aftermarket system.

Cheers
Joe
IMG_9461.JPG
IMG_9469.JPG
IMG_9470.JPG
IMG_9472.JPG
IMG_9473.JPG
IMG_9474.JPG
IMG_9475.JPG
IMG_9476.JPG

Last edited:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
From what I've gathered...so long as dsg been serviced well enough they're dead on

temp sensor and waterpump are prone to give abit of bother but this one has the temp sensor sorted and think there might have been a recall on the waterpumps change them from plàstic to metal..so all good!!

Not that they are overly expensive parts either (except dsg problems).

colin84

RMS Regular
Love these cars, so much tunning potential for reasonable money. Plus the instant power delivery, and with the right intake - cool supercharger whine.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
There is a vacuum valve on one side of the exhaust - just pull off the pipe and tuck it away, this will leave the valve open and allow more noise

There is also a centre section which you can remove after the cat as far as i remember and put in a straight bit of pipe

Or just change the exhaust :p

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
The intakes are quite expensive for just some added whine.

Who you planning to get to map it?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
*S-Tronic :p

Very nice, great car. Perfect all rounders. I've come close to buying one twice.

Couldn't do without the MMI/Nav personally though.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Looks great! HTD
Was this on autotrader with a *** 10 plate ? Was eyeing that up myself if so....

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Lovely car and lovely colour. I bet it sounds lovely.

Health to drive to drive.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Cheers guys!

Ok so tiny wee niggly rattle of exhaust is annoying me, had it up on ramp quickly and seems it might be coming from the cats in the middle...

Is there 2 big cats and 2 small ones by any chance?

Thinking cutting the 2 middle ones cut out and getting pipe welded in?

Will this make it too loud?

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Cheers guys!

Ok so tiny wee niggly rattle of exhaust is annoying me, had it up on ramp quickly and seems it might be coming from the cats in the middle...

Is there 2 big cats and 2 small ones by any chance?

Thinking cutting the 2 middle ones cut out and getting pipe welded in?

Will this make it too loud?

Google b8 s4 X pipe mod. A lot seem to remove the central resonator and replace with an X pipe makes it a but louder but doesn't seem deafening from the vids

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.