Audi S4

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Been looking at all sorts over the last wee while, test drove a couple of C63s (both of which weren't that great) and missed out on a nice white estate facelift for under £18k by a matter of minutes. Drove an E92 M3, as fun as they were to drive I just didn't think it felt "special", maybe it's because I disklike the E-series BMWs and my view was skewed. Drove an RS5, was really nice but the maintenance costs are eye watering. Drove a V8 S5 which was nice but had very high miles and felt it. Then, someone posted this on the classifieds thread and although I didn't really have an interest in the V6 S4, I went and drove it anyway....and to be honest it blew me away! Very highly specced, feels special from the drivers seat, running costs aren't astronomical, nice and quiet when cruising, then when you put your foot down it goes like hell. In manual shifting it just eats through the gears. It's MILES quicker than the RS5 I drove. I've started playing a lot more golf again recently so the 4 doors are a lot handier :joy:

2013 S4 Black Edition
Loads of spec, still trying to find out exactly what through MyAudi, but getting there!

Anyway here's a few pics I just grabbed tonight:

1596481540388.png

1596481601591.png

1596481711411.png

1596481741493.png

1596481757547.png

And the poor Golf which is now sitting surplus to requirements:

1596481802464.png

As far as plans go, I'm getting old now so I'm not immediately throwing coilovers into it. I might down the line put some springs in, but I need to do some research on whats best to get. Apart from that, I'm just going to enjoy it! My folks have a house in Donegal so I'll be there a lot in it, great cruiser. Plus brilliant for a quick blast using the paddles. Absolutely loving it so far to be honest, and it wasn't even on my radar a fortnight ago!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Been looking at all sorts over the last wee while, test drove a couple of C63s (both of which weren't that great) and missed out on a nice white estate facelift for under £18k by a matter of minutes. Drove an E92 M3, as fun as they were to drive I just didn't think it felt "special", maybe it's because I disklike the E-series BMWs and my view was skewed. Drove an RS5, was really nice but the maintenance costs are eye watering. Drove a V8 S5 which was nice but had very high miles and felt it. Then, someone posted this on the classifieds thread and although I didn't really have an interest in the V6 S4, I went and drove it anyway....and to be honest it blew me away! Very highly specced, feels special from the drivers seat, running costs aren't astronomical, nice and quiet when cruising, then when you put your foot down it goes like hell. In manual shifting it just eats through the gears. It's MILES quicker than the RS5 I drove. I've started playing a lot more golf again recently so the 4 doors are a lot handier :joy:

2013 S4 Black Edition
Loads of spec, still trying to find out exactly what through MyAudi, but getting there!

Anyway here's a few pics I just grabbed tonight:

View attachment 289925

View attachment 289926

View attachment 289928

View attachment 289929

View attachment 289930

And the poor Golf which is now sitting surplus to requirements:

View attachment 289931

As far as plans go, I'm getting old now so I'm not immediately throwing coilovers into it. I might down the line put some springs in, but I need to do some research on whats best to get. Apart from that, I'm just going to enjoy it! My folks have a house in Donegal so I'll be there a lot in it, great cruiser. Plus brilliant for a quick blast using the paddles. Absolutely loving it so far to be honest, and it wasn't even on my radar a fortnight ago!
Looks in very good condition, htd.

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
Awesome mate these are very underrated had run in one after driving a b7 rs4 and it was nicer place to be and felt quicker htd

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Lovely motor. My friend had one when he lived in Canada, and he raved about it, perfect all rounder. Enjoy

brendy

RMS Regular
Lovely motor Gaz, best colour for them too. :laughing: Being "only" an S4, people tend to over look these motors but I can confirm that they are an absolute hoot to drive and once revo'd (One Plus is what I have) they are even hootier! Every bit as quick as the RS variants.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Nice choice, they are a perfect all rounder. I loved mine.
Is this standard? If it’s the same one I am thinking of I thought it already had a Stage 1 map.

I had 30mm H&R springs in mine and thought it sat perfectly.

27AA3D60-3F63-4597-81FB-299551E30BF6.jpeg

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Great choice for an all rounder. Like I said under different circumstances I would have had this straight away rather than pass it on 😜 Good to see it work out!
Been looking at S4 for a while and that was a great deal for the miles/spec/condition.
Crazy they are as fast as RS4 in a straight line with a simple map! Love that Chris Harris video @gav525 mentions!

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Had mine for over 4 years and spent many thousands on it lol.i had eibach in mine.you can spend ten fortunes on these when you start tuning them .

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Yeah yeah very nice blah blah htd blah blah.....£500 here for that Aul surplus to requirements golf :p :joy:

oj mate looks really well. It’s an itch il have to scratch soon also.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Yeah I don't think I'd go any lower than 30mm, it's extremely comfortable currently.

Didn't realise there was so much love for these cars on here. They really are great! Ordered an interior LED kit there, so will get that installed this weekend hopefully.

Absolutely @civicglacier - I'll get out some evening this week (y)

@Carson yours sits lovely there. And yeah you're right, this already has a stage 1 map. I was on YouTube last night too, the Milltek sounds lovely.....

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Peelers/segments.

Both look well, albeit I’m not a fan of the rotors in silver.

Car looks great by the way, always been a fan of these. Went to look at an S5 before lockdown. Great engines!