Audi S4

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Fantastic Gary. Great to see you finally got sorted. Awesome cars, the S-body Audis are very very under-rated in my opinion.

Fantastic engine mated with well-spec'd cockpit, few comforts & reasonable running costs- Can't be beaten! I've just moved on from my S3 and it was hands down best all-rounder! Couldn't justify outlay for a S4 avant this year after the house but I'm planning to get back into a fast practical Audi in the next 2 years or so. Health to drive bud! Enjoy

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Not immediately, I like the painted rotors. Not a big fan of them in their standard colour scheme. If I was to change for anything it would probably be these RS6 ones (not sure of their name, @Lyons ?)

View attachment 289982

HTD that’s a beautiful S4.
I have these genuine 19” A5 rotors for sale with new Conti sport tyres. Just refurbed the genuine Audi grey and painted over the diamond cut. 9” wide rims that look well on these. Sit perfect in arch. Picture on car before refurb.

92E31979-1817-4925-B8BE-3C2B6343D13A.jpeg
8D4F7886-77FB-416D-95AF-66A995168FF5.jpeg
00ABDD81-F4DC-42E1-ACA0-6CF53F40316F.jpeg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
Garry, Class! In terms of what it has, there's a sticker in the boot with all the option codes that the car has

I've got the Carista jobbie here if ye wana change a few things. Handy we app... AND... A set of genuine a6 black edition wheels. 20" with all new tyres. Im just round the corner from ye in Belvedere

20200311_150313.jpg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Garry, Class! In terms of what it has, there's a sticker in the boot with all the option codes that the car has

I've got the Carista jobbie here if ye wana change a few things. Handy we app... AND... A set of genuine a6 black edition wheels. 20" with all new tyres. Im just round the corner from ye in Belvedere

View attachment 290123
That’s very very tempting! I think with 20s though it would absolutely need lowered lol. Love how it drives on the 19s too. If you’re just in Belvedere I’ll keep an eye out for ya!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Unreal @Gaz VW

I love these things and even more so in estate form.

Never mind that oul gettin' old carry on. Get it mapped and spank it down the Portadown Road

Health to drive (y)
Haha cheers Brian! It gets spanked a bit too often, it’s very addictive lol. Will be taking it up to Donegal soon so will see how it fairs on longer runs, but it’s so comfortable.
Have a genuine set of these of my RS6 🙈 let me know if you're interested lol
Interesting....what size are they? There’s 4 brand new michelins on these wheels so it’d be a shame to take them off yet 😂

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Haha cheers Brian! It gets spanked a bit too often, it’s very addictive lol. Will be taking it up to Donegal soon so will see how it fairs on longer runs, but it’s so comfortable.

Interesting....what size are they? There’s 4 brand new michelins on these wheels so it’d be a shame to take them off yet 😂

20 x 9.5j iirc, they've some sheite tyres on that were oversized even for the RS6 just to get by until I put the OZ on lol could also do with a refurb, but I don't think I'll be putting them back on 😂

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan

Honestly speaking I would leave the current 19inch.... going 20inch is only going to lead you more into lowering it than you'd plan to :grinning:
19 inch and lowered on H&R is how I'd be doing it ;) :grinning:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Absolutely these need 20,s .the difference they make is so worth doing .when I sold mine and went back to 19” the wheels looked lost .
Very nice....👍
Was actually just watching this video detailing an S4...

I had a great detail done on my black s4 .it didn’t take 20 hours ,it was able to be done in one evening .needless to say after 6-8 weeks the coating had went awol.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Anyone who's had one of these before/has one now - @Boydie, @Carson, @brendy - where did you shop for aftermarket parts? I'm looking for an intake of some kind, though in the UK they seem to be few and far between. I saw Revo do one which looks good. Any experience? I just want something to unlock a little bit of the supercharger whine. I watched a video where a guy fitted a ROC Euro intake to his and it sounded great, but I didn't like the fact it wasn't covered in the bay.

Also, lowering springs. Boydie you mentioned 40mm made yours scrub? I want to bring it down a bit but without sacrificing comfort and handling. I've literally never had a car with springs before, I've only went with coilovers or standard, so any help appreciated there.

brendy

RMS Regular
Anyone who's had one of these before/has one now - @Boydie, @Carson, @brendy - where did you shop for aftermarket parts? I'm looking for an intake of some kind, though in the UK they seem to be few and far between. I saw Revo do one which looks good. Any experience? I just want something to unlock a little bit of the supercharger whine. I watched a video where a guy fitted a ROC Euro intake to his and it sounded great, but I didn't like the fact it wasn't covered in the bay.

Also, lowering springs. Boydie you mentioned 40mm made yours scrub? I want to bring it down a bit but without sacrificing comfort and handling. I've literally never had a car with springs before, I've only went with coilovers or standard, so any help appreciated there.
I have the revo intake (sits inside standard box as audi did a fantastic job on std box) and a silicone pipe. supercharger is a little louder but not obscene from my observation with the window down :laughing:. On my avant I have 15mm spacers all round and get slight scrubbage on big deflections on the rear with a full load, thinking of seeing if anyone with 12mm would want to swap or might just buy 2 12mm and sell the 2 15mm spacers.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
To be honest I'm not interested in "tuning" it. I just want a non-standard intake to get some supercharger whine. And to lower it a wee touch. For now....

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
To be honest I'm not interested in "tuning" it. I just want a non-standard intake to get some supercharger whine. And to lower it a wee touch. For now....
Eibach springs or H&R is what your after.....
And a map and a Milltek :p

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
H&R are very crashy abd harsh. Get Eibach Pro 100% as it’s a nice drop with no scrubbing and handling is perfect like factory.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Eibach springs or H&R is what your after.....
And a map and a Milltek :p
It's mapped already! Milltek did look interesting but I like it without the drone on long journeys. A nice intake will do me for the sound.

H&R are very crashy abd harsh. Get Eibach Pro 100% as it’s a nice drop with no scrubbing and handling is perfect like factory.
Thats the experiences I'm looking. I do not want crashy and harsh. Will look into Eibach Pros.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
It's mapped already! Milltek did look interesting but I like it without the drone on long journeys. A nice intake will do me for the sound.

Thats the experiences I'm looking. I do not want crashy and harsh. Will look into Eibach Pros.
I bought wife’s old car car in England and drove it to ferry with H&R springs. Got home and ordered Eibach straight away as far to harsh and crashy. They give great lows but that’s not what I wanted. In my A4 B8.5 I put Eibach pro kit into it with 1k miles on the clock and you wouldn’t know it had them until your cornering and notice the great handling. It had 64k now and still perfect.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I’d 30mm H&Rs in mine with 10mm spacers all round and never had an issue at all. I couldn’t fault them for comfort.