Audi TT (New Wheels page 12)

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Ive fancied a change from the focus for a while now, cousin was selling her TT which got me thinking... managed to find a better deal than my cousins so bought it instead :laughing:

_DSC6847.jpg

_DSC6848.jpg

_DSC6849.jpg

2003 1.8 225bhp Full heated grey leather, list of optional extras and not bad miles either. Knew i was gona miss the focus... till i tapped the accelerator on the motorway on the way home....Focus???? What focus! Not much happening with it for a while just keeping it clean. needs a really good detail but all in good time.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Nice car.

Get it mapped, makes a huge difference and will take it up to circa 260-265bhp. I had an S3 with the same engine and mapped it was like driving a stock car with the handbrake on.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
Very nice, I looked at these a few months ago but just couldnt warm to them coming from the 330, wish I did though as they are fantastic looking even after all this time. Interior is a lovely place to be.

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
Nice car, James.

Just realised you're not far from me either. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Really shocked James, i mean i knew you liked the TTs but i didnt actually think you'd go and buy one.

Looks great, really like the seats.

Good luck in your new business venture too :grinning:

250nwb4.jpg

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Nice car.

Get it mapped, makes a huge difference and will take it up to circa 260-265bhp. I had an S3 with the same engine and mapped it was like driving a stock car with the handbrake on.

Yeah ive been reading maps can go well on them even MPG wise too. be something to look at in the future.

Very nice, I looked at these a few months ago but just couldnt warm to them coming from the 330, wish I did though as they are fantastic looking even after all this time. Interior is a lovely place to be.

Yeah i know what you mean, i loved it but just found it too different from a normal sized car, but knew i could get used to it and enjoy it, only bang my head of the roof a few times now lo

Nice car, James.

Just realised you're not far from me either. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Cheers mate, What you drive yourself?

some step up James :laughing:

good lad and nice motor at your age...

Cheers Graham, when i saw it and the power then the insurance not being much more i thought i might as well go for it! treat my self, i was looking at type Rs and what not but the 2k+ insurance was a slight offput, (not to mention the fact every man and his dog has one!) were this would be quicker, and rarer. Win Win imo!

Really shocked James, i mean i knew you liked the TTs but i didnt actually think you'd go and buy one.

Looks great, really like the seats.

Good luck in your new business venture too :grinning:

Cheers dude, its a lovely motor and once you see it im sure youll see why i bought it!

And no problem! get you booked in for a cut and blow dry next week ;)

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
It was a 'vert I drove maybe that's where I went wrong.

Any notion of changing the wheels? Polished TT comps would look great against the red!

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
Cheers mate, What you drive yourself?

If you've seen a big blue wagon then that's probably the missus or me in our Accord Tourer Type-S. But, we'll prob be selling it soon. Just got the Octavia vRS through MOT, so it'll be taxed tomorrow. Might start a thread for it.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
It was a 'vert I drove maybe that's where I went wrong.

Any notion of changing the wheels? Polished TT comps would look great against the red!

Will be looking at wheels later down the line yeah, just to pay off the rest of the insurance as i had to change companies as quinn wouldn't insure me till i was 30 on it lmao! few ideas roming about atm on different wheels but she'll be as she is for a while. Good thing about VAG tones of wheel choices out there,

If you've seen a big blue wagon then that's probably the missus or me in our Accord Tourer Type-S. But, we'll prob be selling it soon. Just got the Octavia vRS through MOT, so it'll be taxed tomorrow. Might start a thread for it.

Think i may have actually seen the Accord about a few times! not to common them!

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
These are great in red (y)

Going by your focus build this should turn out well.

Mapped, lowered, anthracite wheels, de-badged. Done!

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
Think i may have actually seen the Accord about a few times! not to common them!

No, they're not. To be honest it was bought on impulse thinking we could do with the extra lugging abilities, but it turns out the Octavia is sufficient.

Going by the link in your profile, do you do bodywork repairs and stuff?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Fantastic! Xenons too?

I'd love to see how the 225 model feels. As everyone says, remap!

Saunts

RMS Regular
very nice! These look really nice standard and kept clean....they look awesome with the right wheel & suspension combo though ;)

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Saw your post in Brians TT thread, You dont hang about! lol Looks cool, Get her on the floor san' ;)

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Always fancied one as a guilty pleasure! Much better than the focus Jamesy good work!!

Need a catch up soon for sure.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Always fancied one as a guilty pleasure! Much better than the focus Jamesy good work!!

Need a catch up soon for sure.

I never saw my self getting one but glad i did, love it! totally different level than the focus.

Saw your post in Brians TT thread, You dont hang about! lol Looks cool, Get her on the floor san' ;)

Cheers mate All in good time Brian will have some competition soon in the TT camp :p

nice one, will keep my eyes peeled for it about town!

Cheers mate

very nice! These look really nice standard and kept clean....they look awesome with the right wheel & suspension combo though ;)

Yeah i said ages ago any car ill own ill have to do something to it! weither its alloys or lowered, but if i HAD to keep the TT as she is now... i wouldnt be complaining! suspension may be a problem as the ramp at the house is terrible, the focus dragged the rear bumper down it all the time, and the tt aint much higher atm.

Nice choice mate.....love the red (y)

Cheers mate i was originally after a silver one or a blue one, but they were all either the 150 or 180 models, sold or silly high miles. Red one was the only decent one about, but im glad i went for it!

Fantastic! Xenons too?

I'd love to see how the 225 model feels. As everyone says, remap!

Yup didnt realise it had Xenons till driving it tonight, I love the power, 6th gear foot down and it pulls rightly! Ill stick with the 225 till i get used to the car and the power then look into maps

No, they're not. To be honest it was bought on impulse thinking we could do with the extra lugging abilities, but it turns out the Octavia is sufficient.

Going by the link in your profile, do you do bodywork repairs and stuff?

Yeah i used to do cut back quite a bit though, dont have the space to work on cars anymore :sob: still do a bit of the sound systems and vinyl work but not as much as id like. Need to get a garage/unit sorted again.

im certain i seen your focus today in east belfast.

Probably did as i got the car in belfast arrived at the dealers about 2.30ish,

These are great in red (y)

Going by your focus build this should turn out well.

Mapped, lowered, anthracite wheels, de-badged. Done!

Cheers mate, have a rough idea of whats gona happen but gona take my time and enjoy it and not rush into it again. done it to many times before spunk aload of money in at once, then be bored after 6 months,

Looks good fella, have to get a nosy around it, is the focus away?
Cheers Cormac! sure thing! aye just traded it in got a half decent price for it so took it.

Tempting!

richystran

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Nice car my uncle bought a blue 04 225 with 42k on it a few months ago and he loves it. Brill cars, he gets around 31mpg but he drives like a granny.