Audi TT (New Wheels page 12)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I think a sports front bumper with the side grills would finish the car off brilliantly - wheels look great!

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I think a sports front bumper with the side grills would finish the car off brilliantly - wheels look great!

Cheers. Yeah I'd love the Quattro sport/v6 bumpers, though they fetch ridiculous money for them, £500+ used with damage, some even at £900 and still have some sort of damage, time you get it repaired and painted you could near buy a whole TT lol, if one comes up at reasonable price defiantly be getting it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I thought this looked cool ... DMC front lip etc I think its called

dmc-concept-front_spoiler3.jpg

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Did I see you pull into Halfords in Craigavon around 5:30pm on Saturday in this? If so it looked fantastic, was wrecking my head trying to figure out where I recognised it from!

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I thought this looked cool ... DMC front lip etc I think its called

I think it only looks nice on darker colours, stands out a bit to much on lighter colours, There was a ebay copy of it and they used a TT Convertable in red as the pic i dont think it done much for it, granted the car was pretty much standard so didnt quite fit in the whole DTM/race car theme of the splitter.

Did I see you pull into Halfords in Craigavon around 5:30pm on Saturday in this? If so it looked fantastic, was wrecking my head trying to figure out where I recognised it from!

Cheers, Yeah that would have been me! that was pretty much the first drive in it lol

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Added a Luggage net to the strut bar/quattrosport style bar, wasn't sure at first but definitely grew on me!
04_zps4hmb6wvt.jpg

Next on the list was Genuine Porsche Oil and Coolant Caps.
05_zpsihvq0eqk.jpg

And fitted, (excuse the carbon fibre engine plastic pieces these arent finished and were rushed a bit to get them some way presentable for dubshed at the weekend)
06_zpsed6d9n7q.jpg

Then was time to address the detailing side of things, the car was originally in fairly decent condition as being a detailer it got machine polish back in May last year, and then taken off the road mid June/early July time last year, though gained a few light swirls and marks from being left dirty in the work shop and being rubbed up against while being worked on. Though with getting a Rupes Big Foot polisher a while back i thought it was about time the TT got the Rupes treatment, Although basically only a Single Stage Yellow, didnt really notice a pile of difference at the start gloss/colour wise, but once the whole car was done it was alot better!

01_zpsloml4ejf.jpg

03_zpskoko266g.jpg

02_zps5fsvvlyi.jpg

Car was finished just before Midnight on Friday....which started as "it will only take a few hours" :joy: Up Early and headed for Dubshed Saturday morning (apologies to anyone i spoke to on Saturday if i was a little off i was knackered! :joy: ). This year i was on the reserve list for indoors, and was parked up at one of the main show doors outside, which i think the outside spot was great on the Saturday as the Paint just popped in the sunlight! really made those "few hours" worth while, as some areas in the main hall are quite dimly lit, last year i was quite lucky and basically under one of the lights indoors.
11_zpst4rjjvvx.jpg

12_zpsqx6v0qag.jpg

10_zpsuft9njop.jpg

07_zpsrn2rrl2l.jpg

09_zpsuu0xrsye.jpg

08_zpsm3stwdvr.jpg

Not sure whats next with the car, alot of ideas, but not sure whats going to be next, Few minor additions happening soon, but nothing major. Still waiting for my V6 spoiler extension lip in carbon fibre to arrive, hopefully arrive soon.

simon4563

RMS Regular
Drives
F30
V6 spoiler extension will look great on this. What about a gloss black roof to match the wheels? Lovely TT no matter.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Love this car and all the recent updates also it was nice to meet you on Sunday.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I def prefer the route you're taking with this now. It's looking properly aggressive at that height with those wheels, and the paint was gleaming when I was up on Sunday.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Few more photos from Dubshed by I Love bass
image-122_zpsvgjgtt7k.jpg

image-118_zpsefb7duim.jpg

image-117_zps3sjiossx.jpg

V6 spoiler extension will look great on this. What about a gloss black roof to match the wheels? Lovely TT no matter.

Cheers, yeah ive wanted the v6 spoiler for a while but couldnt decide weather to go colour coded for a change or a standard black one, then i caught the carbon fibre bug so opted for a carbon one, should have been here by now :weary_face: "Technical Breakdown" apparently. I have been in two minds about doing the roof as i do love the red when its sparkling, must try a bit of vinyl on it some stage. Or unless you mean the whole upper half of the body pillars up Quattro Sport style, which im not really a fan of in red, the other colours look great.

Love this car and all the recent updates also it was nice to meet you on Sunday.

Cheers mate, was good to finally meet you as well, cant wait to see the carbon on the RS4.

I def prefer the route you're taking with this now. It's looking properly aggressive at that height with those wheels, and the paint was gleaming when I was up on Sunday.

Thanks yeah really pleased how its turning out, Paint turned out really well if i do say so myself! glad i spent the late night finishing it off on the Friday was definitely worth it, shame it was covered in dust on the Sunday and didnt fancy waterless wash/quick detailer wiping it off create more swirls again, but was still gleaming threw it so wasnt too bad.

Absolutely love this and the mods carried out.

Thanks

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Attended the Laidout Car Show At 50Cal at the weekend, shame the weather was crap, but it fairly showed off the beading action on the car.
18010254_1492176020813275_8063009219818171396_n_zpsano5xxtp.jpg

17757638_1492170170813860_8684440992570969534_n_zpssdc93q32.jpg

17992092_10158552746885072_256342203304178502_n_zpsuvnfqpki.jpg

18010537_1292156114202804_2306749551550090185_n_zpssjuhgivc.jpg

Since ive had the unfortunate luck of having to daily the car (Heated leather seats in the morning, Power, comfort, etc, how can i cope! lol compared to the daily basic-ish fabia vrs which is off the road atm) had a few slight creaks and noises i wanted to check up on, while i had the front wheels off i decided to lower it a tad more, as i felt it was a little ass down wasnt totally happy with the "stance" at dubshed...but wasnt far away.
17757638_1492170170813860_8684440992570969534_na_zpsgkyvzbbm.jpg

Alot happier with it now, Still 1.5cm of thread left on the coilovers with helper springs and all adjusters intact, so still has some form of comfort with the hard topmounts, and silly profile tyres lol

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Untitled-1_zpsdgbgqnne.jpg

Thanks to Graham and the Guys at TG Performance i got the Revo software installed on the car yesterday with the Dubshed offer. Only taken me a few years to bite the bullet and get it done, and with the recent engine hardware additions i went straight to Stage 2 software. Initial reactions...Holy ****, couldnt believe it was the same car! Over the moon with the cars performance now! Alot more power and Torque all round, defiantly a fun drive back from bangor! Wish i done it sooner!

Was also the first time really hearing the exhaust or seeing the TT in motion as generally im the only one to drive it and love it!

Still waiting on the v6 spoiler lip heard no word from the suppliers as of yet! hopfully get threw to them next week, though unlikely be here for cars at the mill next week either way :worried:.

Saw you on the northway last night, looks epic!

Cheers mate really happy with how its looking now!

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Few shows recently and a few minor parts but first a photo from Graham when it was up getting the remap last month.
10_zpske1s7pgz.jpg

It was then left in the garage un driven till Cars At The Mill, forgotten how much difference there was lol.
18222384_10158826354785413_1746932002268475310_n_zpsncdt9nlr.jpg

03_zpskystcvw5.jpg

497_zpsn5cenf8b.jpg

And Loughgall Festival of Motorsport
02_zpsktvrnu68.jpg

Then Attended The Peak Performance Show In Donard Park Newcastle
DSC_3546_zps9rnaqddn.jpg

DSC_3547_zps602vojtu.jpg

Finally the Carbon Spoiler Extention Arrived after 10weeks wait!
04_zpsqv16ui4h.jpg

08_zps8nke3jvt.jpg

09_zpslkeplsxr.jpg

05_zpsnehydvfc.jpg

06_zps9fuin74n.jpg

Also went to the Outcast Run/Jacobs Super Car Run At the weekend, had a few camera issues so didn't get any good ones of my own showing off the spoiler and this all ive found so far.
01_zps134m21x1.jpg

And the Carbon Fibre Bug Continues
07_zpsebysikqg.jpg

Need to decide now to go for black bolts or silver/polished bolts for the fuel cap, tempted with silver/polished to tie in with the rest of the polished areas on the car although there is very little exterior wise, Though hoping to have it fitted by the weekend.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Really think it needs a front lip that is not for a leon cupra

Black rear rings would go well with the splitter and spoiler but then again I dont like chrome front and black rear

Rear end looks so phat! :grinning:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Really think it needs a front lip that is not for a leon cupra

Black rear rings would go well with the splitter and spoiler but then again I dont like chrome front and black rear

Rear end looks so phat! :grinning:

Thats the down side to the TT theres not a huge pile of parts available, other than parts off full kits/splitter kits, then many of which are rare and expensive. Though i am looking to do some Custom Carbon "side skirt extensions" in the near future, and am tempted to do my own splitter to match if it goes well.

I do have a set of black rings but didnt like them on it. (Crap pics)
redrear_zpswtdu6vib.jpg

blackrear_zpsu4pgeqdl.jpg

Though i am considering a black badge for the front grill. Really pleased with how its turning out as a whole.

That carbon spoiler extension is a real nice touch (y)

Cheers its something ive been saying for the last few years about buying, though originally was going to be either like the OEM satin black but was tempted to colour code for something a bit different, just couldn't decide...then the carbon fibre started it was then an obvious choice to go carbon fibre version.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I think the black badge suits the theme

Did you line it up along side the number plate though? :p :p :p

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I think the black badge suits the theme

Did you line it up along side the number plate though? :p :p :p

c8539b00be6c2e258ed52e3392679d23_looks-fine-to-mejpg-looks-fine-to-me-meme_552-330.jpeg

:joy: Funny thing is i fit Number plates to cars on a daily basis as well as the odd graphics and sign writing though dont worry they are on straighter :laughing:

Jamesc

RMS Regular
OP
Jamesc
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So Managed to get the fuel cap fitted, and opted for polished bolts in the end. give it a bit of bling. Also added the Quattro Etched vinyl logo onto the cap as i had done with my old one just to see if it still worked...which i think it does.
DSC_4255_zpsdt4y9yhd.jpg

Then decided to get rid of the old slightly tarnished Chrome Quattro Badge on the rear bumper
DSC_4258_zpslqs63m4n.jpg

And replace it with a black and red one
DSC_4263_zps2vjavavy.jpg

Really pleased with the rear end now! just to get the rest of the car to the same "level"
DSC_4281_zps5okkaj1v.jpg

Yesterday i also attended the Ballymena Car & Truck Show, I also had some smoked Transparent Vinyl laying about so decided to tint the headlights, as in future i do plan to carbon the insides of the headlights rather than paint them black, but for now tinted them to see how i liked them.
DSC_4282_zps2p0jyuez.jpg

DSC_4387_zpsk52jtp5z.jpg

Quite like the tinted headlights though needs to be redone as i needed a second pair of hands, so is quite bubbly atm, though thinking it needs a black badge on the front now too.

And sadly heading home from Ballymena the car started over heating and its looking likely to be the thermostat or the water pump, which i was planning to replace over winter, though may have to be moved forward now.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
And sadly heading home from Ballymena the car started over heating and its looking likely to be the thermostat or the water pump, which i was planning to replace over winter, though may have to be moved forward now.

I passed you on the Glenavy Road and was going to stop to see if everything was ok. Car looked really well though (y)

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
So Managed to get the fuel cap fitted, and opted for polished bolts in the end. give it a bit of bling. Also added the Quattro Etched vinyl logo onto the cap as i had done with my old one just to see if it still worked...which i think it does.
DSC_4255_zpsdt4y9yhd.jpg

Then decided to get rid of the old slightly tarnished Chrome Quattro Badge on the rear bumper
DSC_4258_zpslqs63m4n.jpg

And replace it with a black and red one
DSC_4263_zps2vjavavy.jpg

Really pleased with the rear end now! just to get the rest of the car to the same "level"
DSC_4281_zps5okkaj1v.jpg

Yesterday i also attended the Ballymena Car & Truck Show, I also had some smoked Transparent Vinyl laying about so decided to tint the headlights, as in future i do plan to carbon the insides of the headlights rather than paint them black, but for now tinted them to see how i liked them.
DSC_4282_zps2p0jyuez.jpg

DSC_4387_zpsk52jtp5z.jpg

Quite like the tinted headlights though needs to be redone as i needed a second pair of hands, so is quite bubbly atm, though thinking it needs a black badge on the front now too.

It was the thermostat on the black vRS that gave me a scare. Was about 30 quid from abrahams.