Audi TT Symphony options

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What’s my options with the above stereo guys? No idea when it comes to VAG stuff as you all well know.

Not bothered about retrofitting rnse or whatever. Would have preferred one with it installed already, but wasn’t a deal breaker and I’m not paying money for a sat nav that looks dated now.

I have the iPod thing in the glove box, well it’s a wee tray and has a connector I think. Can I buy a Bluetooth thing for it, AMI I think it’s called? Is it just plug and play?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
AMI isn’t compatible with a Symphony.

What age is it?

Balls :mad: It’s 2008.

No way of streaming music then? Just stick it all on an old iPod touch or something and plug it in?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What did you buy?!

Your best bet is to just to fit an aftermarket unit. I fitted a double din Pioneer touchscreen in my TTS and it was super. It wasn’t anything fancy, only £150 odd but gave me an up to date phone interface, DAB and even without Bose it transformed the sound.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
What did you buy?!

Your best bet is to just to fit an aftermarket unit. I fitted a double din Pioneer touchscreen in my TTS and it was super. It wasn’t anything fancy, only £150 odd but gave me an up to date phone interface, DAB and even without Bose it transformed the sound.

Got a V6 Roadster. Was close to going for a TTS, but wanted the noise lol.

Hmm, didn’t want to go aftermarket as I prefer the way the standard ones look like they’re meant to be there if you know what I mean. A good phone interface and DAB would be handy though as the standard Bluetooth is a bit basic to use. I’ll have a look into it and see what they look like though. It has Bose but it’s just kinda meh.

colin84

RMS Regular
Got a V6 Roadster. Was close to going for a TTS, but wanted the noise lol.

Hmm, didn’t want to go aftermarket as I prefer the way the standard ones look like they’re meant to be there if you know what I mean. A good phone interface and DAB would be handy though as the standard Bluetooth is a bit basic to use. I’ll have a look into it and see what they look like though. It has Bose but it’s just kinda meh.

You can get aftermarket versions that look very like original equipment, on eBay and Amazon. I got one for the Aunts A3 and she is happy enough. Pumpkin I believe it's called.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
You can get aftermarket versions that look very like original equipment, on eBay and Amazon. I got one for the Aunts A3 and she is happy enough. Pumpkin I believe it's called.

Cheers mate, will have a look, could be another option.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.