Automatic Gearbox Parts

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo S60
Does anyone know of any local suppliers of automatic gearbox parts? Specifically shift solenoids for ZF transmissions. It's not something that you can just walk into euros and buy off the shelf. Distributors seem to only supply to VAT registered businesses. TIA

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Burnside in Coleraine do autos, as to whether they stock parts, or supply parts to the public...no idea.

Although would think the dealers would list most parts ?

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
OP
H
Drives
Volvo S60
Cheers for the reply. I came across Burnside when searching online, so I'll give them a call tomorrow. Most main dealers won't supply gearbox internals. They tend to replace complete gearboxes when there's an issue as it's cheaper and easier for all involved in most cases.

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
OP
H
Drives
Volvo S60
Just a follow up to this if anyone is ever looking for parts. According to Burnside Garages in Coleraine there are no local suppliers of automatic gearbox parts over here. You have to go across the Irish Sea to find a supplier. Burnside are capable of supplying parts, but they don't want to. Another local business being 'helpful' eh? Anyway, Vanmatic in England is a good place for parts if you're stuck.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I would never expect there to be local stockists...although I'd be surprised if the main dealer does not list internal parts. Even for manual gearboxes they list all parts.

They would probably never use them themselves as they wouldnt have a clue how to take one apart or put it back together, but as a supplying dealer they should have the parts listing for everything in the vehicle, every last nut and bolt etc.

Burnside generally do all their own work, not a parts seller. But they would be in the know as to where etc.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Any luck with googling the part nr?
Sussex auto seem to do a lot with zf boxes. Again your across the water for it but sure they aren't a big component so postage shouldn't be an issue.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
@stevieturbo Main dealers don't want to give out part numbers never mind tell you where to go for parts. As with them crying about a life long sealed unit the diagrams might not even be listed. I know my old parts listing didn't show for some sealed units.

Head Gasket

RMS Regular
OP
H
Drives
Volvo S60
This is one of the big problems we have when trying to source parts. Nobody wants to help, be it with part numbers or parts sources. It's all top secret, trying to keep a tight leash on things. I got sorted with Vanmatic. Great people to deal with. Very helpful and actually offered advice over the phone without even being asked for it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
@stevieturbo Main dealers don't want to give out part numbers never mind tell you where to go for parts. As with them crying about a life long sealed unit the diagrams might not even be listed. I know my old parts listing didn't show for some sealed units.

If you go to the main dealers you aren't asking them for part numbers or where to go for parts.

You're going there to buy parts from them, which is different.

I'd usually be critical of dealers for a lot of things...but access to parts for vehicles generally isn't one of them