Average Speed Cameras - Holywood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Quick question on the SPECS average speed cameras..

do they require you to pass through more than one camera to issue a ticket?

also are the cameras in Holywood actually active? specifically the very first one where it changes from 60 to 40?

forgot all about the camera there and only realised after i'd passed it.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
thank goodness.... lol

literally sped up a bit too early (at the lights just before the camera) and only passed the one

Hammath

RMS Regular
Drives
Sc3n3 Civic.
They can get you through just one camera. I got done outside the culloden passing through one of them.

AdamPUG

RMS Regular
Drives
106 Gti
Has to be two. My area in work is Bangor and Holywood so would be on that road 5 or 6 times a day and when I come out of Holywood, Bangor bound, I regularly see people (and do it myself the odd time if the transit wants too) racing up at about 60 to the first camera then reducing their speed to 40 once they pass the first camera to clock them

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
see some people fly through all these, either they are very rich and can afford it or the cameras only work at certain times of the day

Hammath

RMS Regular
Drives
Sc3n3 Civic.
And how do they calculate your average speed?

They don't. They tell what speed your doing at the time.

All I'm saying is I got done by one, there was a picture of me taken by one camera. The fine was for travelling at a certain speed at a certain point. No mention of an average speed and it was labelled as a fixed camera.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
They don't. They tell what speed your doing at the time.

All I'm saying is I got done by one, there was a picture of me taken by one camera. The fine was for travelling at a certain speed at a certain point. No mention of an average speed and it was labelled as a fixed camera.
Why the need for so many then? Are you sure a van didnt get you?

stephen85

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra h
see some people fly through all these, either they are very rich and can afford it or the cameras only work at certain times of the day

I don't believe the cameras are working correctly or they allow alot over the speed limit

Lets just say if they worked I wouldn't be driving lol

Hammath

RMS Regular
Drives
Sc3n3 Civic.
Why the need for so many then? Are you sure a van didnt get you?

I'm 100% that it was a fixed camera outside the culloden. I can hoke the paperwork out to check the actual wording.

I've no idea why there's so many but I've been told that only 2 actuall function and are used. God knows really.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are so many, because pairs are used to calculate average speed between them.

No single camera will be used to nab anyone.

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
They are working as a mate got done but from what i hear they only work at certain times and have high tolerances, i do that road twice a day at around 60 the whole way and havent been caught in 2 and a half years (touchwood)

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I was told on my speed awareness case that they had only ever prosecuted 4 people [2.5years ago] due to speed through them. They are there in an attempt to ease traffic movement by enforcing [or not] a speed limit that stops idiotic driving that causes congestion.

This is what I was told so don't shoot the messenger. If you have any grievances, send a letter to

Speed awareness course guy with a pony tail from 2.5 years ago
Speed awareness centre of excellence and patronisation
Northern Ireland
The Galaxy

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Was heading to Crawfordsburn at the weekend (I was in the inside lane) and the first set at Holywood flashed a guy flying up the outside lane......

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
Was heading to Crawfordsburn at the weekend (I was in the inside lane) and the first set at Holywood flashed a guy flying up the outside lane......

panic mode for a couple of seconds ? :laughing:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Well something flashed lol assumed it was the camera as it was from it, could well have been glare or something I suppose in hindsight

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
I was told on my speed awareness case that they had only ever prosecuted 4 people [2.5years ago] due to speed through them. They are there in an attempt to ease traffic movement by enforcing [or not] a speed limit that stops idiotic driving that causes congestion.

This is what I was told so don't shoot the messenger. If you have any grievances, send a letter to

Speed awareness course guy with a pony tail from 2.5 years ago
Speed awareness centre of excellence and patronisation
Northern Ireland
The Galaxy

Will this hold up in court ? snigger . .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.