Average Speed Cameras - Holywood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Taxi driver was telling me once he got done by one of the traffic cams, said light changed as he was approaching but by the time he slowed down he was just over the line and saw the flash go off. Said he couldn't prove otherwise that he stopped so had no choice but to pay :eek:

Porter

RMS Regular
I will call bull**** on that taxi story, surely the camera will take a few pics so they can be enhanced / zoomed etc to enable them to read the registration. Surely the camera won’t take just one picture and run the risk of not being able to make out the reg to send the penalty too? So I guess with a few pics they would detect if he was ‘just over’ the line??

I do stand to be corrected though?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I will call bull**** on that taxi story, surely the camera will take a few pics so they can be enhanced / zoomed etc to enable them to read the registration. Surely the camera won’t take just one picture and run the risk of not being able to make out the reg to send the penalty too? So I guess with a few pics they would detect if he was ‘just over’ the line??

I do stand to be corrected though?
I imagine the camera is good enough to be focused on the area of detection. One pic at correct focus once set off.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
The red might cameras are only set to go off a good few seconds after the light turns red ...they’re not really set up for Amber-gamblers...they’re for blatant disregards

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Taxi driver was telling me once he got done by one of the traffic cams, said light changed as he was approaching but by the time he slowed down he was just over the line and saw the flash go off. Said he couldn't prove otherwise that he stopped so had no choice but to pay :eek:

I've seen many cars drive clean through the red light cameras, and never once seen them flash. In fact only time I've seen one flash is the one at York St before the M2....except it was flashing everyone that day lol.

Unless the camera has evidence of you crossing the line after the light has actually turned red....no offence has been committed.

So taxi story sounds BS

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
I've seen many cars drive clean through the red light cameras, and never once seen them flash. In fact only time I've seen one flash is the one at York St before the M2....except it was flashing everyone that day lol.

Unless the camera has evidence of you crossing the line after the light has actually turned red....no offence has been committed.

So taxi story sounds BS
No the first time a taxi man has talked BS :p... I've only ever seen that camera from your video flash once ... and it was when the engineer was setting it up :grinning:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Wouldn't surprise me if they flash randomly. Used to walk our dog along Antrim Road years back and remember the speed camera flashing at night when there were no cars in sight a few times lol

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
cameras work perfect, been caught at dicksons twice over the years and Culloden once. Nightmare of a road, have to drive it each day for work. Lack of concentration caught me out the 3 times as i was doing very little extra over the limit. Tend to just drive up into Craigantlet now to avoid

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
cameras work perfect, been caught at dicksons twice over the years and Culloden once. Nightmare of a road, have to drive it each day for work. Lack of concentration caught me out the 3 times as i was doing very little extra over the limit. Tend to just drive up into Craigantlet now to avoid

I thought that due to some law they are not allowed to switch them on permanently, although obviously they don't advertise when they are on or off.

I know that I have done the same and been on auto pilot sometimes and not realised I have been above the limit on certain sections, although not by much.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you think you have been going too quickly...simply slow down or stop for a bit if you're still between two of the cameras so your average speed will fall.

But 3 times on the same road when you know there are fixed cameras there ?

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Yea i understand how average speed works just wasn't paying attention , 3 times over like 7 years so not like it was the same year.

simply not paying attention even though I know the cameras are there, but sure **** happens doesn't it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.