Average Speed Cameras - Holywood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Well something flashed lol assumed it was the camera as it was from it, could well have been glare or something I suppose in hindsight

I catch reflections off them all the time, looks like a flash.

I got done by the ones at Dixons Garden Center, so they do work, 73 in a 60. I used to always go 10mg over the limit the whole way along that road, now I can't risk it.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
bump this, see they have been changing on all the cameras , anyone know whats going on, used to be 2 cameras on each pole they seem to be reducing them to 1

AC

RMS Regular
Very fitting bump... can probably guess by the way the camera's are facing but can they only catch you from the front....?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The cameras used to be front facing ( whether they worked or not )

Not sure about now, but I did see them working at them and changing the heads of the cameras myself, to much smaller units. Some have said they may now be rear facing, but havent been passed in a few days

The government are really looking at all avenues to rake money in !!

AC

RMS Regular
So a bit of digging and the new camera's are called "Vector" cameras and not the original "SPECS" cameras that are the larger units.

VECTOR average Speed Cameras Explained and How They Work
They are not rear facing from what I have seen on the A2.

Question: Do vector average speed enforcement cameras only photograph the number plate or do they also photograph the driver?

Answer: Vector average speed cameras, like the SPECS average speed cameras are forward facing cameras so that they can photograph the driver along with the car registration number.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Buddy of mine works for Roads NI/DOE Traffic or whatever they are called.

I'd doubt that given some are mounted on bends, and there would need to be the appropriate road markings to support any speed guesses they make. Unless just some of them are changing.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I'd doubt that given some are mounted on bends, and there would need to be the appropriate road markings to support any speed guesses they make. Unless just some of them are changing.
Not all of them have changed......yet. I've noticed 4 put 12 I think there is.

It was in the press tonight there about it as my missus was reading it and giving off.

AC

RMS Regular
From next week they are going live as FIXED speed cameras, no longer average speed.

The Vector cameras are average speed. So I’d take that with a pinch of salt. Unless they can also do fixed speed but I can’t find that.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
Considering VECTOR are basically just ANPR in pairs/sets they can't be fixed.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
The vector cameras on the top of the gantries replacement for the SPECS. However some of the poles on straight sections now also have 4 black lens on the uprights. Noticed this morning.

Smcc86

In a panic......just got 'snapped' I think. At the first camera entering hollywood on way to bangor where it changes to 40mph. Didnt get down to 40 quite in time and as I approached what I thought was an 'average' camera I noticed a light on the camera (wee red light I think). Am I likely to get a ticket? I dropped my speed and travelled below 40 between the first and second camera and as I thought it was for average speed im hoping for the best, but I deffo saw a wee light flash so im panicking now

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
They're still "average" speed, so unlikely to get done for an entry speed just above...

Unless you kept on going above the limit until the next camera!

Smcc86

They're still "average" speed, so unlikely to get done for an entry speed just above...

Unless you kept on going above the limit until the next camera!

Well fingers crossed!!!!! I was deffo under 40 between that camera and next one. Was very shocked though at the flash/light......maybe that is just to start recording you from there to the next one? (Hopefully)

AC

RMS Regular
It’ll most likely have been the infrared light you seen on the camera if it beginning to get dark/dusk. You’ll be grand.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
In a panic......just got 'snapped' I think. At the first camera entering hollywood on way to bangor where it changes to 40mph. Didnt get down to 40 quite in time and as I approached what I thought was an 'average' camera I noticed a light on the camera (wee red light I think). Am I likely to get a ticket? I dropped my speed and travelled below 40 between the first and second camera and as I thought it was for average speed im hoping for the best, but I deffo saw a wee light flash so im panicking now
You can't get "flashed" by that type of camera, settle yer wee heed! :kissing_heart:

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
OP
StephenMcC
Drives
VW CC
Lol thats what I thought....... some sorta light deffo caught my eye but ill assume it was nothing to worry about

Could have been that "sun" thing I've heard being spotted over NI lately. :p

Gambit

RMS Regular

are you talking about this camera?
Google Maps

upload_2018-6-8_12-15-56.png

afaik thats not a traffic/speed camera

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.