Average Speed Cameras - Holywood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
In a panic......just got 'snapped' I think. At the first camera entering hollywood on way to bangor where it changes to 40mph. Didnt get down to 40 quite in time and as I approached what I thought was an 'average' camera I noticed a light on the camera (wee red light I think). Am I likely to get a ticket? I dropped my speed and travelled below 40 between the first and second camera and as I thought it was for average speed im hoping for the best, but I deffo saw a wee light flash so im panicking now

I can assure you those cameras definately dont snap a photo as you go past one set and catch you speeding

You’ll be fine

Porter

RMS Regular
BEWARNED. There is a fixed camera along the road now. Near the garden centre I believe just be careful!

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
im sure a fixed camera must have the road markings painted on the road after the camera to measure the speed which should be easily seen.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Unless I drove the road twice today with my eyes closed, there’s no fixed standalone camera. There is a camera at Dicksons with the separate black boxes on it, but others along the road have them too.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Those are ANPR camera's(y) Doesnt make sense to have both fixed and average cameras.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Those are ANPR camera's(y) Doesnt make sense to have both fixed and average cameras.
Stand alone ANPR ones are back towards Bangor (Old Belfast Road/Ballysallagh Road) although the Vector ones do ANPR too. It’s the wee black boxes that are the issue here I think.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Just been sent a picture of a speeding letter from SPECS cameras at Culloden, it appears they have been activated again

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Friend of mine - two of them on the same day less than 3 minutes apart.
Screenshot_20180821-115415.jpg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Funnily enough, I saw the van sitting under the bridge at Tillysburn this morning, really hard to see because of the shadow of the bridge. I think I’ll go back to using Craigantlet.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I find cruise control to be the best thing ever for 30/40/50 area's

rare to see static enforcement on 60/70 roads tbh

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I just don't bother speeding much beyond the limit along there, not worth it imo. Colleague has picked up at least 6 pts on it recently.
I agree with you, I just lope along the Bangor road now at the limit, surprisingly I get passed frequently by people 15/20 mph over.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.