Average Speed Cameras - Holywood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
license gone?

Pretty sure they have to be deemed as a single event, same offence as opposed to multiple offences because it's same road, same stretch etc.

It'd be like a cop trying to book you for speeding on every say 10m of a road he say you on. You could create hundreds of offences per time stamp, but it's the same single offence.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I just don't bother speeding much beyond the limit along there, not worth it imo. Colleague has picked up at least 6 pts on it recently.

I don't think its overly hard along there either to be honest. The hardest bit is coming down from circa 54 to 40 at the Lights at Whinney Hill.

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
The rule is that anything less than 10 mins apart is deemed to be one offence.
Contact Inspector Rosie Leech, Roads Policing Sprucefield as she is in charge of the scheme.

I know from experience unfortunately
so basically if you caught you can drive like a maniac as long as its inside 10 minutes.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Old thread revival, are they meant to present evidence of you being caught, as in a pic of your car? Received a letter saying i was speeding above 50mph by the camera at the culloden hotel, however it's just a letter asking for details and to verify it was me, how can i do that without proof?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Old thread revival, are they meant to present evidence of you being caught, as in a pic of your car? Received a letter saying i was speeding above 50mph by the camera at the culloden hotel, however it's just a letter asking for details and to verify it was me, how can i do that without proof?
There’s a number on it for the Fixed Penalty Processing team at Lisnasharragh - ring them and they’ll be able to help you. I think that due to GDPR and all that balls, you have to nominate a driver first but the processing team will tell you. Also when the form is returned and the offer of a fixed penalty is given, you could be offered the course, speed dependant.
What speed did they get you at or is it a generic “over 50”?

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
There’s a number on it for the Fixed Penalty Processing team at Lisnasharragh - ring them and they’ll be able to help you. I think that due to GDPR and all that balls, you have to nominate a driver first but the processing team will tell you. Also when the form is returned and the offer of a fixed penalty is given, you could be offered the course, speed dependant.
What speed did they get you at or is it a generic “over 50”?
Aye, googled the bit about am i incriminating myself by giving my details but said it was just so they could proceed. Odd process, i filled in the form and sent it back last week, received this morning another letter being offered the speed awareness course or fine + points or court.

tbf i wasn't looking to dispute it just wanted to make them work for it a bit and provide some evidence pic of the car etc. Have me clocked 64mph in the 50mph at 00:23 at night according to the text. Just seems a bit of no effort on their part lol

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Aye, googled the bit about am i incriminating myself by giving my details but said it was just so they could proceed. Odd process, i filled in the form and sent it back last week, received this morning another letter being offered the speed awareness course or fine + points or court.

tbf i wasn't looking to dispute it just wanted to make them work for it a bit and provide some evidence pic of the car etc. Have me clocked 64mph in the 50mph at 00:23 at night according to the text. Just seems a bit of no effort on their part lol
You’re not incriminating yourself, just carrying out the duties of the registered keeper. 64 is right on the line for the course and to be honest, its easy to creep over on that road, but it’s fish in a barrel for the fixed penalty crowd!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Normally in law they should present you with evidence to be sued against you prior to prosecuting etc....although for stuff like this they withhold the evidence and you need to request it....and even then they still may not give it up.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
I’m sick of telling people they are active. I’m genuinely surprised more people aren’t caught though. I travel the road twice a day and try to stay at the speed limit or around 5mph above. The amount of people that fly passed me everyday is unreal.

NotKG

Banned
they are surely point to point. and the last one at the spar garage bangor bound, to the cultra cam, is a change of speed zone, thats not really a point at all, how could they control a speed difference, because they'd need to clock the speed change in a ferrarri or a tuk tuk, it would be feesible that that section isnt timed. ***purely guessing***. same at ballyrobert where the 50 goes to a 60.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
they are surely point to point. and the last one at the spar garage bangor bound, to the cultra cam, is a change of speed zone, thats not really a point at all, how could they control a speed difference, because they'd need to clock the speed change in a ferrarri or a tuk tuk, it would be feesible that that section isnt timed. ***purely guessing***. same at ballyrobert where the 50 goes to a 60.
They are split into 4 sections, ie you could get 4 x 3 points from Bangor to Holywood and lose your licence,

AC

RMS Regular
They have been for years, it's well known.

They changed from specs cameras, 1 for each lane to a single Vector camera which covers both lanes within the last 6-8 months so I’m unsure how true it was for the old cameras.

But the new ones deffo work.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
They changed from specs cameras, 1 for each lane to a single Vector camera which covers both lanes within the last 6-8 months so I’m unsure how true it was for the old cameras.

But the new ones deffo work.
As did the old ones. My wife works for a bangor solicitor who has had countless people over the years contesting tickets.

AC

RMS Regular
As did the old ones. My wife works for a bangor solicitor who has had countless people over the years contesting tickets.

In that case I’m not surprised with the amount of people I’ve seen heuring up and down that road!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.