Average Speed Cameras - Holywood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
They are split into 4 sections, ie you could get 4 x 3 points from Bangor to Holywood and lose your licence,

It's a single offence. They cannot treat you driving along the same road at the same speed etc as multiple offences

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I was honestly convinced they didn't work or at the very least were inconsistent when I was in that part of the world a few years back.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
It's a single offence. They cannot treat you driving along the same road at the same speed etc as multiple offences
So why did a client of my wife's get 2 tickets on the one section of road. Sent as two individual offences. One at Dickson's garden centre and the other at culloden. 6 points!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Regardless of not knowing whether they work or not, if you see a speed camera or know where they are, don't speed lol

The one under the bridge in Blefast for the M3, what does it do? I have no idea but I make sure to not exceed 30mph or go through an orange light

Same with the one before sydnam by pass, on the way to newtownards road - stick below 30 and don't go through an orange light.

Same with the one outside castle court on the way to the motorway, just don't speed where you know where there are cameras - simples.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
All 3 of those are for light jumpers @Boydie (y)

There was someone on here who was done on the old camera system from Bangor to Holywood so they did work. Defo must have had the tolerance level set high mind. I think Avo or someone confirmed in another thread that these new cameras work and with a lower tolerance level.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
One of the few stretches of road where I play very very nicely. They most definitely work. I've had a few friends caught out - the one near Culloden seems to be a popular "favourite" I've noticed.

Honestly stick on cruise control and kick back. I love watching people fly past me while I'm taking it easy :grinning:

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
One of the few stretches of road where I play very very nicely. They most definitely work. I've had a few friends caught out - the one near Culloden seems to be a popular "favourite" I've noticed.

Honestly stick on cruise control and kick back. I love watching people fly past me while I'm taking it easy :grinning:
That's the one that got me, so it definitely works :laughing:. Signed up for the speed awareness course, £93.50! Which the timings were absolutely a joke for! Between now and end of May they only had one time slot at night ... all the others were 0730 - 1130 & 1215-1615! (n)

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
The one under the bridge in Blefast for the M3, what does it do? I have no idea but I make sure to not exceed 30mph or go through an orange light

That one is a traffic light camera - catches you for jumping lights and not speeding afaik.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46

I stick cruise control on myself. The rate cars fly past makes you feel like your doing something wrong by sticking to the limit

Reactions: WSM

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
So why did a client of my wife's get 2 tickets on the one section of road. Sent as two individual offences. One at Dickson's garden centre and the other at culloden. 6 points!

You’ll automatically get a letter sent for each camera ...but they’ll drop one when you let them know who was driving etc ...
Friend of mine got 3 letters sent out to her on the same day..which were from 3 consecutive days, and they dropped 2 of them....thought she was v lucky

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Then fight it at court. If you choose to accept it as two offences, then they'll happily dish it out.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Regardless of not knowing whether they work or not, if you see a speed camera or know where they are, don't speed lol

Same with the one before sydnam by pass, on the way to newtownards road - stick below 30 and don't go through an orange light.

Same with the one outside castle court on the way to the motorway, just don't speed where you know where there are cameras - simples.

The one at York Link under the M3 is a red light camera ( ie Westlink to M3 )

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Then fight it at court. If you choose to accept it as two offences, then they'll happily dish it out.

On what grounds are you fighting though? You would have been speeding with evidence on two or three occasions? Surely the fact that the speed limit varies could be their arguement that they are separate offences

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
On what grounds are you fighting though? You would have been speeding with evidence on two or three occasions? Surely the fact that the speed limit varies could be their arguement that they are separate offences
The fella got 6 points in the end. Two separate offences, two sets of cameras.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
The fella got 6 points in the end. Two separate offences, two sets of cameras.
Hence why I don’t speed on it, I travel the road a minimum of twice a day 5 days a week. That’s a lot of potential points! Haha

brendy

RMS Regular
Cruise at around 53/54mph and in left lane, it's crazy how many times you end up unintentionally undertaking people at the devils elbow etc when they all slow for the corners and cruise pulls you through them without easing off.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Cruise at around 53/54mph and in left lane, it's crazy how many times you end up unintentionally undertaking people at the devils elbow etc when they all slow for the corners and cruise pulls you through them without easing off.
Twice a day i'm on this road, same, sit in the left lane with cruise on a 54mph. Undertake half of the traffic on the road due to all the dicks getting in the right lane at Holywood who are turning off at Rathgael rd.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.