Awesome Dubs

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Are they not called R8 Performance now instead of Plus? I was referencing your shape.
Ohhhh... Well... So I think the R8 Performance was that limited run car (all in Misano Red) that came out a while back. 5 came to the UK from memory. Audi offered me one. I laughed. It's basically a V10+ with the Audi Performance parts on it. I still think this is a V10+ but I'm genuinely not sure. Cue Audi trying to sell me one soon.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
So basically if it was a bog standard golf? Then it's just a golf again and who wants that:joy:

I'm in the wrong thread for this argument, I'm away back to the jap thread lol:joy:
Not quite. There's a lot of subtle modifications done underneath all that sticky out stuff. Smooth bumpers, sides, bonnet and boot lid and grill debadged. Stubby mirrors and from what I can see there a whole host of interior modifications and no doubt some engine mods. Wonder does it have a smooth bay too?

Not a standard golf, a classy golf :grinning:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Priced one up yesterday and it came to £38k, 19 wheels were £2k alone
For that reason I'm afraid it's a No from me:relieved:
That’s a serious car you could have albeit not brand new for £38k . What about the Clubsport is it called ,is there a 5 seater and then a 2 seater car ?? What’s these like though I still think a golf r is a better option at that money surely is it not .

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
That’s a serious car you could have albeit not brand new for £38k . What about the Clubsport is it called ,is there a 5 seater and then a 2 seater car ?? What’s these like though I still think a golf r is a better option at that money surely is it not .
Would love a Clubsport at some stage

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Priced one up yesterday and it came to £38k, 19 wheels were £2k alone
For that reason I'm afraid it's a No from me:relieved:
So a few weeks on and it appears there's quite a healthy discount available on these, bringing my preferred spec down to £32k via drive the deal etc.
Wife is begging me to go for one but we will see how the next few weeks pan out8o|

jonny_w

RMS Regular
So a few weeks on and it appears there's quite a healthy discount available on these, bringing my preferred spec down to £32k via drive the deal etc.
Wife is begging me to go for one but we will see how the next few weeks pan out8o|
VW have me tortured to go and have a chat about purchasing one.