Active Deal Awesome prices on fitted R888s. Ballymena

pablo

RMS Moderator

Got a set of R888s fitted to my VX wheels today for 475 quid (99+vat each)

unreal price. Camskill is £600 for the same tyres delivered AND I’d have to pay someone £40 to fit them.

hard to beat. Were in stock so just rocked up and got them done.

38D00DFF-D800-4F55-9FB1-1A9EF381A06D.jpeg

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Camskill are usually hard to beat so that sounds like a great deal.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's brilliant! For that price I may as well stick with R888 on the Clio and just hope they can handle winter driving OK 😂

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
@pablo how did you find these for grip? I’m putting a new set on the impreza next month and I’ve got a very good price from the same place in ballymena for the R888 R in 205/45/16. Just wondering if they are overkill, it’s a dry use summer car only. He can do me them at last years price for £125 a corner as I’ve just bought another set of tyres for the daily.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
they are about the best all round track tyre but personally I wouldnt put them on a road only car. plenty of folks do but tyres like these need to get some heat in them etc

they also come with less tread than normal tyres (5mm vs 8mm ish)

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah I was thinking they need heat to be at their best. He also said they can pick up stones when warm and with there being absolutely no underseal on the scoob it could pebble dash the inside of the arches over time. Other option is Nankang NS2 R (180 street compound) for about £110 a corner. They get very good reviews too as a grippy road/track tyre

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t rate ns2r anywhere near the r888r. Ns2r is very slow to heat up, would be fine on the track but useless on the road, I find r888r very good on the road cause they work from cold, but on a heavy car they won’t last. We use them in the sprint and hill championship for the road going class.

Toyo R888r has a tread wear rating of 100, NS2R is 180, a normal road tyre is in the 300 region.

If the car is being used on the road then just get a road tyre.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
It’s used only On the road in summer but I wouldn’t rule out the odd track day. It Does around 1000 miles a year and it’s a fairly light car so wear wouldn’t bother me. Can’t get Michelin PS4 in that size or the likes of the new eagle f1, only the assymetric 2 which is 10 year old desgnbigger manufacturers don’t seem to be doing the smaller sizes as much now, 16’s prob considered tiny now.

I can get Michelin PS3 in 205/45/16 but they would be more expensive than the r888 with this deal he’s giving me.

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
R888r/ar1 - track day tyres which are road legal, wouldn't run these as a summer tyre. Too hard, high road noise, need to get plenty off heat into them, overkill for the road.

Ns2r/ad08r - excellent for road but are very capable for track days. More suited to summer road driving than the above.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Can’t get the ad08r only the new rs variant which is not supposed to be as good, choice isn’t great at the minute. Might be better to stick with a Michelin PS3 or something, of the r888 is a bit overkill for the road in summer.

Tyre man actually recommended uniroyal rainsport 5 and said they are amazing in the wet and the dry, it doesn’t go out in the wet though unless caught out.

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
R888r/ar1 - track day tyres which are road legal, wouldn't run these as a summer tyre. Too hard, high road noise, need to get plenty off heat into them, overkill for the road.

Ns2r/ad08r - excellent for road but are very capable for track days. More suited to summer road driving than the above.

i don’t know where you are getting your info from but ar1 and r888r are far from hard, they are amongst the softest tyres on the market. Ns2r abs ad08r are like bricks in comparison. We use r888r on the sprints cause they work very well from cold and heat up very quickly in the short runs we do. Ns2r doesn’t even compete, it’s more of a road track tyre.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
They would have a stiffer sidewall though? Which may mean a harsher ride.
Or something.

**mugen**

RMS Regular
Drives
Big 9'er
i don’t know where you are getting your info from but ar1 and r888r are far from hard, they are amongst the softest tyres on the market. Ns2r abs ad08r are like bricks in comparison. We use r888r on the sprints cause they work very well from cold and heat up very quickly in the short runs we do. Ns2r doesn’t even compete, it’s more of a road track tyre.

Referring to sidewalls.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
AR1 is some tyre, streaks ahead of the 888r I found.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Road manners doesn’t bother me as it’s a lightweight impreza weekend summer toy with coilovers so road noise and comfort aren’t priority, I just want it to corner like a greyhound😂.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Road manners doesn’t bother me as it’s a lightweight impreza weekend summer toy with coilovers so road noise and comfort aren’t priority, I just want it to corner like a greyhound😂.

R888 are the answer then - I had them on my RA which like yours was mainly dry and then sprints and they were great

They are noisy though so be aware of that