Axa insurance looking to deal direct with me for whiplash

Paul mc33

Drives
Jetta
So I've been hit by driver insured with axa his fault.so axa and other driver have admitted liability now offering to deal direct with me to settle claim for damages and injuries anyone else dealt with this before

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
direct, as in outside of your own insurance or legal people ?

Seems an odd approach ? Although potentially cheaper for them than the usual route

Usually your own insurance/doctor are there to spice up the claim and exaggerate any alleged injuries to try and get more money. I'd imagine Axa's doctor would be trying to do the opposite.

Paul mc33

OP
P
Drives
Jetta
Yeah no involvement of solicitor or doctors report few medical questions over the phone ie injuries received

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Had this myself recently. Wanted to push me to a certain bodyshop and weren’t listening to what I wanted to do, so ended up using someone else.

Worth speaking with @NeilMcG

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Probably just looking a quick payout then. Might do no harm as most whiplash claims are false anyway for people to get a few quid. It's stuff like that and the whole process that really do push premiums up, while the solicitors, doctors and insurance companies on the receiving end make big money from it too, all at the expensive of the customers

robbiers2000

RMS Regular
Drives
ford focus tdci
I done one similar with Tesco. Got sent to physio for 10 weeks and got a pay out after that.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Had this recently but with Hastings. Lady rear ended me. Wasn’t major just busted bumper in wee civic. Told her I wouldn’t be claiming as wouldn’t want it happening to wife and she had wee one in car.
Hastings phone me 3 hours later, said take it to your body shop, we will get you new child car seats, hire care etc etc.
all sorted in two weeks, payed for repair , mates body shop fixed, he got storage fees and new child car seats. Think cause I wasn’t claiming it was so easy!

Also mention to @NeilMcG as his time and advice worked so well. 👍🏻

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Just watch they don’t rob you over the book price of your car, the brothers 308 was crashed into, cost him 2500 ish and axa were offering him 800 , the only saving grace was he needed a courtesy car etc pretty quick so we went to ram and they got him 1800 which wasn’t great either but what can you do 🤷‍♀️ Also can I add that to replace that car at the time was around 3k and wasn’t even a sport model

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
So I've been hit by driver insured with axa his fault.so axa and other driver have admitted liability now offering to deal direct with me to settle claim for damages and injuries anyone else dealt with this before
Paul,
Happy to give you a steer on this. Basically the insurance company will try to deal with you directly to avoid paying the cost of you getting the right legal advice. They won't pay you any less once I am involved so my advice is to sit tight and I can speak to you this evening or tomorrow about it if you send me your number.
Best,
Neil

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
was sitting in traffic and my foot slipped off the clutch and rear-ended a seat, Leon. no damage at all as a slamming door would have hit harder. now the Leon was no show pony and had more hits than the Beatles and the woman and her son said they hardly felt it and were more than fine about it and said they didn't want insurance involved. i got it checked over by a Bodyshop who confirmed a bust no plate light as the only damaged so i arranged to get it cleaned and polished for her at her convenience and she was happy. a week later a letter has now arrived for 2 whiplash claims. 100% fraud claims but what can you expect when it's basically free money from the insurance company. really pisses me off as it was the slightest bump ever and now I've lost my business no claims bonus to a complete fraud.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The worst thing about that....is no matter how much you shout and tell them it is a fraudulent claim. They'll bend over backwards to throw money at them.

And then try and blame other nonsense for pushing premiums up....no, it is this very thing, deliberate fraud, fraud supported by insurance companies that is the problem