B is for build - 67 Mustang body on 2015 chassis

Bryan

RMS Regular
Found this earlier somehow on YouTube and watched a load of episodes already... pretty cool what you can do in your garage in America!

Can’t wait to see how this turns out.

Reactions: pkn

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Some of his earlier builds are great
Burnt lambo etc....

This is his 2nd go at creating a 67 Shelby GT with a newer model mustang. Only this time he has Oscar who is a fab fabricator so this time it will get done

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
There's a few other channels doing something similar too, this one is moving along pretty quick though!

pablo

RMS Moderator
the vTuned one is a lot better. B is for bodge and this build is no different. If youve seen the sideskirts youll know what I mean.

I do watch his videos but the only one that really wowed me was the M5 powered Datsun 260/270 thing. The hurrican was crap imo.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Vtuned one seems to be done properly.

Much much slower build tho

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
V tuned guy is a good watch, love the framework and fab skills he has. Only a young fella by the look of it.

He is rash enough at times but he gets the work dobe!

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I've no interest in Lambos and modern junk. Love this kind of thing. Yes it's probably not the best quality workmanship but it's still an acheivement. Plus he's much better than that ejit Alex Rebuilds - he just seems to fit parts with half a set of tools. Must check out these other videos.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
the vTuned one is a lot better. B is for bodge and this build is no different. If youve seen the sideskirts youll know what I mean.

I do watch his videos but the only one that really wowed me was the M5 powered Datsun 260/270 thing. The hurrican was crap imo.

You weren't wrong when you said b is for bodge. Watching this mustang build and I'm surprised it hasn't "Nissan navara'd" itself yet!

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I've started watching the Vtuned ones now too. It's two different worlds - "let me just put it on my frame machine over here". Yes, like the most of us have one of those in the corner of the garage. I did think when I was watching the B for Build videos why they didn't just widen the whole car rather than trying to make it fit instead.

I can't wait to see more of both now. Serious amount of work going on in both of them.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
I doubt either of them finished would ever pass a vehicle inspection over here!! I'd love to know how these guys make money to bank roll these things and why the likes of GED with his land rover and big truck builds couldn't be doing it as well! Obviously being on the interwebs isnt for everyone.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I doubt either of them finished would ever pass a vehicle inspection over here!! I'd love to know how these guys make money to bank roll these things and why the likes of GED with his land rover and big truck builds couldn't be doing it as well! Obviously being on the interwebs isnt for everyone.

Even some of the stuff the goonzquad guys fix probably would not be allowed back on the road over here. Structural damage is a no no over here AFAIK

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Whilst these conversions are cool and all that, the safety aspect horrifies me.

Really hard to know what way they are legally, as effectively it is still the "modern" car...but in no way whatsoever can it meet any crash standards or safety standards of that modern car.

if there was some sort of cage structure welded in to compensate for the butchery ( even if it is very skilled fabrication, it's still butchery ), that could negate some concerns.

But IMO stuff like that is worse than a lot of kit cars.

UK based MK1 Granada/BMW I seen recently. I do admire all the hard work and fabrication that goes into them. Very serious effort and skill required....just not sure how safe I would feel in one !

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Whilst these conversions are cool and all that, the safety aspect horrifies me.

Really hard to know what way they are legally, as effectively it is still the "modern" car...but in no way whatsoever can it meet any crash standards or safety standards of that modern car.

if there was some sort of cage structure welded in to compensate for the butchery ( even if it is very skilled fabrication, it's still butchery ), that could negate some concerns.

But IMO stuff like that is worse than a lot of kit cars.

UK based MK1 Granada/BMW I seen recently. I do admire all the hard work and fabrication that goes into them. Very serious effort and skill required....just not sure how safe I would feel in one !

Holy frig, that Granada / BMW thing looks plain dangerous. An original Granada shell properly repaired and with a good cage fitted would be a good base for a higher powered engine, much better structurally than bodging two half shells together.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Real shame its gone, it was starting to come together too, I wasn't a huge fan of the look at the start, something didn't seem to sit right with me, but couldn't work out what exactly, but was coming round to it and looking forward to seeing videos of it finished. Bound to have been a right hit on the pocket, especially the videos removed now not making anymore revenue! The time money and parts into it would have tallied up a right bit and now likely legal fees etc etc costly mistake all for naming it Eleanor.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular

Well that ended abruptly. It's not like it was even finished or resembled the actual Eleanor at all at the stage it was at.

I wondered why all the videos disappeared. You're right though, it wasn't an Eleanor. I smell bull****.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I wondered why all the videos disappeared. You're right though, it wasn't an Eleanor. I smell bull****.
Looking online other builders offer a service to build a Mustang Eleanor but the car is registered by copyright.
2020-06-02_12-00-58.jpg

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Get the feeling if he had used 1967 fastback build he would have been grand, but mentioning the name is whats got him in trouble.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
If he had built it the way it was but didn't mention Eleanor, I think he'd have been fine. Apparently carol shelby had similar runins with Eleanor liscening llc (same company that taken action against b is for build) they were building copies and selling them, sand sue'd, due to the fact they sold cars.

You can apparently pay for a licence (think West Coast customs done it this way as they built and "Eleanor" and had no issue. Eleanor liscening llc have given rights to a company to produce them and sell them, so basically anyone else making ones is potentially stealing their profits.

Maybe part of the deal was they took the car, and basically remove all traces of it being built...i.e the videos, etc and the court proceedings maybe dropped or lessened.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Denice Halicki owns the rights to any Mustang named Eleanor