B5 Audi A4 TDI

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So now that I’ve teased you guys all enough here is my latest sh1tbox.

A 1999 B5 Audi A4 TDI with the tarmac shredding 90bhp non PD lump:

E73ABF50-66F2-4ED6-B44C-E2B658D48D1A.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Now I know what you’re gonna say, “you swapped that felty yoke for the Omega, you need your head looked at!” Etc….etc…

But what’s done is done.

First thing I’ve done is set about raising it 2inches at each corner so that I can get over the one or two ramps into my estate lol. Many thanks to @pablo for the lend of the coilover spanner’s. Possibly going to have to invest in a set of my own for future adjustments l, but I think I’m more or less happy with the height she’s now sitting at:

913F72A4-CD86-497D-B878-7D2F9EC4E09C.jpeg
71FA63E7-4438-4C9D-ADE7-1DAFB5AB2FD1.jpeg
2CB7583F-EE43-4F31-8DE1-DE7CC8B4B271.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I’ve to try and fix the central locking which has failed. Quick bit of research suggests it may be the vacuum pump which is located in the boot. I suspect either it has failed or someone has bodges it when fitting an aftermarket alarm, the fob of which didn’t come with the car.

I also need to get an airbox lid as there’s been a daft cone filter fitted to it:

9BEDDF78-8C5D-461C-A682-5A86E3C57519.jpeg

89AD6E6F-6106-49B9-B661-7C7CBC77DA14.jpeg

And I need to sort out the ICE. There’s been a Pioneer HU that has been poorly fitted and the front drivers door speaker is burst but I have a pair of aftermarket speakers sitting in the house begging for a car to be fitted to.

Last edited:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
You are an absolute header, as is the person who fitted that zorst lol! Improvement on the Omega and thats a solid oul donkey in it at least, you shouldn't have much bother there.

#jinxed

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
And then I need to look at the exhaust. It appears to be a straight through from the turbo however she doesn’t pooooooooooowwwwwwww (thank f**k!) but it’s still a bit rash for my liking.
Yess soo much better than the omega!

However the 90hp might ruin your happyness
Thanks man and I’m already googling like mad to see what I can do to increase the power lol
So much nicer than the Goldmember Mobile.
Thank you Lord Rocko
Set of RS4s here needing a refurb, complete with tyres.....
Free to a good home? Lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That looks great. Much more potential than the Omega.

Just needs wheels and an exhaust tip.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
That looks great. Much more potential than the Omega.

Just needs wheels and an exhaust tip.
Yea there’s more aftermarket stuff available for these on eBay as an example than there is for the Omega. Speaks to the popularity of these still! And thanks man

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
And then I need to look at the exhaust. It appears to be a straight through from the turbo however she doesn’t pooooooooooowwwwwwww (thank f**k!) but it’s still a bit rash for my liking.

Thanks man and I’m already googling like mad to see what I can do to increase the power lol

Thank you Lord Rocko

Free to a good home? Lol
Fit the 2.5 v6 tdi 🤣
Is it manual.
You could be looking welding done on that one too 😮 hopefully not though

Edit does it have 2 number plates on top of each other on the front

purplea4T

RMS Regular

Thank you Lord Rocko

Free to a good home? Lol
Certainly cheap, I put a fresh Pirelli on one, new budget on another. I could be easily talked to.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Fit the 2.5 v6 tdi 🤣
Is it manual.
You could be looking welding done on that one too 😮 hopefully not though
Yea she has 5 manual gears lol. She looks solid underneathx certainly a lot less scabby bits and the sill lips are all surprisingly solid too!
B5s are epic!
Thanks dude, I’ll get these Spaniards thrown back round to you in the next day or two.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Nice, love these. Health to enjoy.

Apart from the fact that its non PD, thats cool as!

Ive a perfect set of cheap winter wheels for it here ;):joy:

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Love it! nicest shape of A4 IMO and really coming of age, only marks down for me is 90bhp and diesel

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Oh and I’ve also to fix the interior lights which aren’t coming on when the doors are opened, could be linked to the central locking or worst case scenario the comfort module…..
Ah that's cracker!! Glad to see the height has been sorted or you'd have been a prisoner with them speed ramps!!
Yea it took me nearly 15mins to get from the entrance of my estate to the house last night! 😂 much quicker getting in and out of the estate this afternoon! Lol
Love it! nicest shape of A4 IMO and really coming of age, only marks down for me is 90bhp and diesel
Thanks man and sorry lol