Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
And the b**t**d is out…
B79B9CB3-321A-427D-AF9B-152956BFDC70.jpeg

Fitted the new one but only took a pic of the cat in place and the new rear silencer.

517A58D7-610C-4B1D-A1BE-9B95D3A9676D.jpeg

F882E8FC-7492-4E37-AE4C-DF603405B851.jpeg

Took the car out for a quick spin to check it was as it should be and oh my word the silence is bliss! Lol Now I know the tail pipes aren’t centred, but that’ll be sorted in time.

I had fitted a pair of nighteye bulbs to the new headlights when I replaced them, this was the first time I’d driving the car in the dark since doing so and the difference is astounding.

245324B7-A796-4F22-87A8-849E9E1191B1.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Not use the old back box for the nicer look?
I wasn’t fussed on the tailpipe of the old back box to be honest. I’d much rather have a twin tailpipe. Never mind the fact I’ve no welder here to be able to weld it onto the new system.

In time I’m going to cut the downward swept sections off and fit a pair of straight exit tail pipe trims.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
The car is now off the road for a while.

Part of the reason I replaced the exhaust was (as well as the rashness and the awful noise of it) that it was banging of the floor on starting the engine and also I believed that it was being hit by the back axle when going over bumps as there was only about 5mm between the two.

Turns out replacing the exhaust only cured the bang on start up and quietened the car down a bit.

So I knew it was coming from the back left, so I pulled the strut out expecting it to be the top mount, boy was I right……

658415DC-4462-4290-A76A-0512A6AFD5CC.jpeg

I can’t put the car back on the road like that so I’ll be pricing round for a new one. Looking possibly like a dealer only part though I’m hoping that TPS (if they’re still on the go) have or can get one

DJMCA

RMS Regular
The car is now off the road for a while.

Part of the reason I replaced the exhaust was (as well as the rashness and the awful noise of it) that it was banging of the floor on starting the engine and also I believed that it was being hit by the back axle when going over bumps as there was only about 5mm between the two.

Turns out replacing the exhaust only cured the bang on start up and quietened the car down a bit.

So I knew it was coming from the back left, so I pulled the strut out expecting it to be the top mount, boy was I right……

View attachment 339137

I can’t put the car back on the road like that so I’ll be pricing round for a new one. Looking possibly like a dealer only part though I’m hoping that TPS (if they’re still on the go) have or can get one
Look on ebay, can get febi or meyle on there. TPS in Mallusk wont even talk to you now umless you have a trade account

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Clearly I went wrong by trying to use the part number (8d0513353) lol. Thanks @DJMCA and @pablo

EDIT:- Now I look again Pablo that one might be different, doesn’t look to have threaded holes at the sides.

Last edited:

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
The ones on my 2.4 should be the same but it would be next weekend before I’d get to them to use as a temp repair but may be easier new …. Let me know mate

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I wasn’t fussed on the tailpipe of the old back box to be honest. I’d much rather have a twin tailpipe. Never mind the fact I’ve no welder here to be able to weld it onto the new system.

In time I’m going to cut the downward swept sections off and fit a pair of straight exit tail pipe trims.

KevM

RMS Regular
Blackie has just posted with his 2nd account... Wants a car for 'his mate' lol

pablo

RMS Moderator

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Blackie has just posted with his 2nd account... Wants a car for 'his mate' lol

If only I had a grand sitting here to entertain that idea! Lol
@Blackie ??

Sadly still not right mate. According to TPS it’s a discontinued item, Autodoc have no stock and I’m nipping out to my local motor factors shortly to see if they’ve got the right one in based on part no and description.

At this rate second hand is looking like my best option, although I can get it from Audi Heritage at a premium price! 😖

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
So the motor factors are a bust and so is Audi Heritage as they won’t ship to the UK thanks to Brexit! Second hand is my only option.

Oh Mr @Avant1 ……. Help! Lol