B6 A4 Tdi battery draining

JH86

RMS Regular
02 or 03 I think 130 estate

Battery drains over night, not every night but probs once a week just absolutley stone dead empty

I haven't looked in to it too much, looking for a comon issue or something to start with

I've checked and repaired all the door looms that's not an issue

Currently if you leave the car unlocked the central locking clicks every 15 seconds constabtly, when it's locked it dosent do it, module was already changed done nothing

When I'm siting in the car not running and unlocked something behind the heater controls makes a noise constantly dunno what that is

Ive heard could be a radio issue, I've a donor car here I'm gona swap the radios here in the best 5 mins

Any one been here before? Any one wana come and fix it? Or anyone just just wana go to wetherspoons **** the a4?

Cheers

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
You check the CCM (comfort control module) Hammy bud? These can get wet and cause issues like battery drain. From what I remember it is in the driver's side footwell. My old B6 Saloon many years ago the central locking would randomly lock and refuse to unlock and the CCM was soaked in water.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
My B6 a4 was the same. The radio was to blame. I replaced fully drained batteries twice but oddly enough, the third time the battery was replaced after the car was dead I had a mechanic do it, and it’s been ok ever since despite the radio drain.

JH86

RMS Regular
OP
JH86
Swapped the radio and the heater controls from the donor yesterday, so see in a few days if it randomly dies again

Hope it fixes it as I cannot be assed with this hassle 😂