B7 RS4 Avant

Sheeples

RMS Regular
Drives
M4/RS4
So i've had the M4 since 2018 and have been back and forth about selling it to get something else but genuinely couldn't find anything in the realms of affordability that I'd chuck it in against that I would like. So floated the idea of getting a practical third car to my partner for when we get a dog. That went down about as well as you'd expect suggesting to buy another car for a dog, but persistence is key and now I can have my cake and eat it.

PXL_20240322_134826884.MP.jpg
PXL_20240322_200236136.MP~3.jpg
PXL_20240323_125505710.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20240324_190111726.MP.jpg

Left on Friday at 8am and arrived back at 4am Saturday, made the boat from Holyhead with 8 minutes to spare so it was tight going.

As for the spec:

2006 Phantom Black RS4 Avant
Heated Wingbacks
Carbon inlays
Sunroof
DRC's gone and replaced with Koni shocks and OE springs
Miltek non-res backbox
MRC Map

It's surprisingly not much worse on fuel than the M4 particularly on a run and sounds substantially better doing it. The wingbacks are quite form fitting so a pretty reasonable excuse to shift an extra bit of weight on my side. It's been ceramic coated already and came with a folder brimmed with history so very happy that it's been looked after. There's a few ages related marks which will need to get sorted but other than couldn't have asked for better.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Brill cars these, there's one in our family I've driven many times and they just feel so solid and tight on the road. Great engine soundtrack too, particularly with a Miltek.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Were you going up past Shaws Bridge yesterday afternoon?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Epic cars. Made of granite, properly well put together cars that you just don’t get these days.

I had a Sprint Blue Avant, can’t believe that was 10 years ago now. I thoroughly loved mine.

Be sure to check the oil cooler pipes asap, alrhough I’m sure you’ve already that covered off.

Enjoy!

Sheeples

RMS Regular
OP
Sheeples
Drives
M4/RS4
Were you going up past Shaws Bridge yesterday afternoon?
I was indeed, heading home. I saw an LBB M4 and was wondering if they were on here because it's such a rare colour haha. I'm guessing that was yourself?

Sheeples

RMS Regular
OP
Sheeples
Drives
M4/RS4
Fantastic vehicle, Video noises of V8 miltek goodness are always welcome.

Ask and you shall receive :laughing:.

Epic cars. Made of granite, properly well put together cars that you just don’t get these days.

I had a Sprint Blue Avant, can’t believe that was 10 years ago now. I thoroughly loved mine.

Be sure to check the oil cooler pipes asap, alrhough I’m sure you’ve already that covered off.

Enjoy!
Thankfully they were done prior to my ownership, not much I have to do but enjoy it. Only thing that is a bit concerning is that it was mapped on 99 but given it's an NA engine I can't imagine that it's going to be tuned to within an inch of its life. Previous owner that had it mapped has been across Europe on 97 and even 95 when needs must without any knocking or problems. I've got a few bottles of NF Octane Booster so i'll try a few tanks out and see

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I was indeed, heading home. I saw an LBB M4 and was wondering if they were on here because it's such a rare colour haha. I'm guessing that was yourself?

Yeah that was me, as usual it was only after I passed your car that it twigged with me that I knew it from RMS

Reece Kirk

RMS Member
Drives
M240i Auto

Ask and you shall receive :laughing:.

Thankfully they were done prior to my ownership, not much I have to do but enjoy it. Only thing that is a bit concerning is that it was mapped on 99 but given it's an NA engine I can't imagine that it's going to be tuned to within an inch of its life. Previous owner that had it mapped has been across Europe on 97 and even 95 when needs must without any knocking or problems. I've got a few bottles of NF Octane Booster so i'll try a few tanks out and see

don't use octane booster on the regular, bit of ethanol mixed in the tank is a much better idea and safer for your plugs.

Sheeples

RMS Regular
OP
Sheeples
Drives
M4/RS4
don't use octane booster on the regular, bit of ethanol mixed in the tank is a much better idea and safer for your plugs.
Still haven't actually put any in, running on 97 has been perfectly fine. So might just keep it handy if I ever head south for an extended trip and need the jump up from 95

Reece Kirk

RMS Member
Drives
M240i Auto
Still haven't actually put any in, running on 97 has been perfectly fine. So might just keep it handy if I ever head south for an extended trip and need the jump up from 95
Ive ran my car on 97 since i bought it but i question how good the fuel really is becuase it was pulling timing quite significantly on a 95 Ron OTS map

Sheeples

RMS Regular
OP
Sheeples
Drives
M4/RS4
An interesting start to RS4 ownership, stone chip on the wing mirror outside so took it to get painted. Unfortunately the wing mirror glass cracked when removing but such is life, just one of those things, accidents happen. I'll just order a replacement piece and pop in in, no bother. Wrong.

PXL_20240419_094141800.MP (1).jpg

What I have since learned after 6(!) failed attempts at replacement glass is that:

1. Every supplier I bought from that says they have the part number available is lying. They'll take the money and then refund you a few days later when they realise they can't get it.
  2. Audi don't make it/supply it anymore at all. Only chance of getting a genuine one is new old stock or from someone breaking.
  3. Even if you put your Reg or VIN into a supplier for mirror glass, they'll send you A4/S4/RS4 Cab mirrors.
RS4 Saloon/Avant mirrors and glass as it turns out are unique to RS4 Saloons and Avants. Thankfully though I managed to find one crowd on ebay actually selling the correct aftermarket glass for £9 which I'll be honest I overlooked at first because of how cheap it was but I was getting really desperate haha.

PXL_20240425_125848120.MP.jpg

Back in business now though with a little bit of fettling on the original backplate to allow for the connectors for the heating elements through. Also have a full wing mirror from a breakers coming as a spare just in-case. Will need to do the drivers side too haha.

An incredibly mundane update but it's been melting my head for the last week, nothing's ever easy.

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
That method of taking your money when they don't have stock drives me mad, I had the same issue (albeit non-car related) with a replacement handle for our fridge - took me 6 months and 4 attempts to get one. First 3 took the money then weeks and weeks of "this is on back order, but we don't have an ETA" type emails from them.