Back to Wax....

MarkM

RMS Regular
I realise I’m bucking the trend here, I’ve been using C2V3 (still have 4ltrs of the stuff which I’m open to offers for) and some other similar products for a couple of years, but really miss a quality pot of wax and applying it.
I really love my Gyeon wet coat, it’s like magic, and will continue to use it, but want a few coats of quality wax on 1st.
I always loved Blackfire midnight sun, going there again is certainly an option but have always been tempted by the premium stuff, Swissvax shield (M4 sits outside) or Bos for example, but really not sure if they’re worth the extra?
Before you say Collinite/naviwax/fusso I’ve tried them and don’t love them, so, opinions welcome, this of course may just in my head and a daft thing to do lol

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I myself prefer wax too, I get for those that want an easier maintained finish and longer lasting protection that coatings offer an unreal product

But I prefer the application of wax, you also don't need to cure it for such and such amount of time in doors. Even when I've a garage I'll apply waxes

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I myself prefer wax too, I get for those that want an easier maintained finish and longer lasting protection that coatings offer an unreal product

But I prefer the application of wax, you also don't need to cure it for such and such amount of time in doors. Even when I've a garage I'll apply waxes

Ok so that’s two of us aren’t wise lol (y):p

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I would not do a ceramic coating again.bottle of autoglym or tin of navi will do rightly in the future lol.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Wax will always have a place in the market.

I have a few jars of Fireball Fusion Wax left in stock. Unreal stuff!

Really liked the fireball bits I got a couple of years ago .will defo have to get some more before the summer starts .the hydrophobic stuff ,think it was green was unreal .

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Really liked the fireball bits I got a couple of years ago .will defo have to get some more before the summer starts .the hydrophobic stuff ,think it was green was unreal .

It's brilliant gear Gareth. Pop in anytime mate, give me a shout beforehand to make sure I'm there.

As always I give a bit of discount to any RMS'ers 👍🏻

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I agree with this. Spray on stuff is lovely and modern and bla lol
I liked applying a hard wax and buffing it back off I find it rewarding and not a lot harder,15 minutes does it. So will be reading this for ideas on what to buy

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Frig me that must be some crazy good wax, offering protection against scratching from resting a box and tub of wax on the paint 😂

hippyross

RMS Regular

Much I a tub of that? Been thinking of going back to wax myself, it's hard to beat the satisfaction of just waxing a car and looking at the finished product😍

neil-c

RMS Regular
I’m a big Fusso fan but I’m not a ‘wax beard’ by any stretch. Fusso topped up with Sonax BSD sprayed onto a wet car after a wash and dried off with a towel. Quick, easy and brilliant results in my opinion.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I’m a big Fusso fan but I’m not a ‘wax beard’ by any stretch. Fusso topped up with Sonax BSD sprayed onto a wet car after a wash and dried off with a towel. Quick, easy and brilliant results in my opinion.

Fusso and Naviwax are great for what they are, but they don't have a lot of durability. Dead handy though.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Are you after finish or more durability @MarkM ?

With you car being white, wax isn't your best option in terms of finish. You can put a traditional sealant on if it's the hands on "wax on, wax off" that your after. Zaino looks great on a white car, few coats of z2 then follow up with Z8. Z8 smells so good when your using it too lol pretty sure @Davey@Procar has zaino

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Are you after finish or more durability @MarkM ?

With you car being white, wax isn't your best option in terms of finish. You can put a traditional sealant on if it's the hands on "wax on, wax off" that your after. Zaino looks great on a white car, few coats of z2 then follow up with Z8. Z8 smells so good when your using it too lol pretty sure @Davey@Procar has zaino

More finish I suppose, although my car sits outside on purpose so it doesn’t turn into a garage queen lol moving stuff around to take it out has resulted in cars just wasting away in the garage in the past, so durability is important too ^o)
I used Zaino years ago on my black 350z and rated it highly, thanks (y)

neil-c

RMS Regular
Yes I use Zaino Z8 to finish the car in good weather. It seems expensive at £28 (I think that’s what it was) but four squirts will do an entire car. Less is more with the zaino range.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I always use hybrid when I wash the car but I do love using fusso 99 the odd time. I love products that are easy applied and took off again.