Back to Wax....

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
That's why i laugh at people pay big money for some products wether there is cheaper that do as good a job.
Most of it is just hype or brand snobbery.

I enjoy the process of puck wax, but I must say there are some very impressive spray waxes out there, not tried bsd, but I'm liking Hybrid from anachem also I used speed seal from orchard before that and quite liked it as a spray too.

It's good if you're washing the car late evening and don't have time to do the whole car with solid wax

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I enjoy the process of puck wax, but I must say there are some very impressive spray waxes out there, not tried bsd, but I'm liking Hybrid from anachem also I used speed seal from orchard before that and quite liked it as a spray too.

It's good if you're washing the car late evening and don't have time to do the whole car with solid wax
Honestly, try it. I use it when drying car off and the beading is unreal for ages after. You'd swear it had been waxed.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Honestly, try it. I use it when drying car off and the beading is unreal for ages after. You'd swear it had been waxed.

Will give it a go, going to be buying some plastic towers for storing cloths etc in soon so will go full hog and re arrange the shed and try a few more new products

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Has rollo stopped the orchard autocare range?
Website has been down for a long time and I don't see as many posts on Instagram anymore, was going to try some of his products

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Website has been down for a long time and I don't see as many posts on Instagram anymore, was going to try some of his products
Don’t quote me on this but when I last spoke to him he had said he wasn’t doing as much let’s say “other work” but was going to still continue with more “special work so to speak.wether he has done that I don’t k ow for sure .pete will know what he,s at or @Big Pimp even

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@CharlySkunkWeed you said there you use sonax when drying the car .?i had mine dried then spritzed it and wiped off?can you spray it on and use as a drying aid sort of thing and dry at the same time .if you can that would save me doing extra wipes over the paint and help avoid anymore paint damage as I’m not convinced the ceramic is doing very much at protection tbh.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
@CharlySkunkWeed you said there you use sonax when drying the car .?i had mine dried then spritzed it and wiped off?can you spray it on and use as a drying aid sort of thing and dry at the same time .if you can that would save me doing extra wipes over the paint and help avoid anymore paint damage as I’m not convinced the ceramic is doing very much at protection tbh.
Yeah i sheet off 90% of water then spray Sonax , then towel dry/wipe off sonax. Only thing I'll say is it makes the towel quite non absorbent next time you go to use it so i rinse it out after use and before use. I actually use a drying cloth rather than a full size towel.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

The only way to get his stuff is direct from himself, no more third party sellers, I'm waiting to hear back if there's an issue with the website or if he has a new one, will update once I know more

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
The only way to get his stuff is direct from himself, no more third party sellers, I'm waiting to hear back if there's an issue with the website or if he has a new one, will update once I know more

Let me know too as I'm nearly out of speed seal which I love.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Just a bump for this thread and instead of putting up a proper wanted post!

Would anyone have a tin of BH Double Speed Wax for sale? Wanting to give the new daily the works and was going to use it and then Hybrid to finish.

Walder

RMS Regular

Would anyone have a tin of BH Double Speed Wax for sale? Wanting to give the new daily the works and was going to use it and then Hybrid to finish.

It's currently on amazon for £17.

Have to say its great stuff and per tin I will get a load of coats out if it. It's still going strong after the 1st go 6 weeks ago and it barely scratched the tin.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
It's currently on amazon for £17.

Have to say its great stuff and per tin I will get a load of coats out if it. It's still going strong after the 1st go 6 weeks ago and it barely scratched the tin.

Might have to do that. Just was going to use it over the weekend as I’m off and looks to be dry. Have used it before and have always been very impressed. I do have a test pot of BH Auto Balm too which I could also use 🤔

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Well after all the talk of the Bilt Hammer wax on here I ordered some yesterday and it arrived this morning.

View attachment 230387

Will hopefully get trying it this week. I have been using 50 Cal Penta wax for past few years so will see how it compares.

Hey mate how you find this against the pentawax?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Have a tub of it you're welcome to borrow if you fancy? I'll be in Belfast tomorrow and can bring it along with if you want it for the weekend

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Have a tub of it you're welcome to borrow if you fancy? I'll be in Belfast tomorrow and can bring it along with if you want it for the weekend

That would be awesome man thank you but the problem is I am in work tomorrow! Thank you for the offer though! I will maybe just order from Amazon and it might get delivered Saturday :grinning: