Back to Wax....

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Give it a rest
Oh really ,would you like to get into it online then pete .how can you Make a comment like above to another member giving advice when you done exactly that on my car .only 3 day detail I know of that was done in an evening .oh guess what 6 weeks later my coating had totally failed yet you are or were unable to provide any cerial number for the coating used .excuse after excuse and promise after promise yet you never come forward to rectify it .im still waiting on the emails and the text messages you were to forward .
Think before you speak

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Oh really ,would you like to get into it online then pete .

I have absolutely no problem you putting it online.

Because there are two sides to every story. I will give the side of the story back and let everyone make their own conclusion.

I did my best to help you out. You didn't inform me that you were unhappy with your car. It took me to spot you slating online and contact you.

I offered to look at the car on several occasions, which you declined or simply ignored.

I am not saying that your coating hadnt failed, I never got the opportunity to look at it. If it had I would have went out of my way to rectify it. Could have been a bad batch or something went wrong during application etc I never got the opportunity to assess it and put it right.

Also the idea in your head that your car was "done in an evening". I could even wash a car dry it and carry out any form of paint correction on it never mind apply a coating in that time frame. You said yourself you were more than happy with the level of paint correction. If you think I could do that alone in an evening I would love to know how.

Then after you sell the car I get messages at 11pm at night? Wanting us to resolve something that you had completely ignored the steps I would have needed to do to help you, ie inspect the car, carry out an assessment, send that to Gtechniq. There is a process I have to follow.

I even offered you a significant discount on your new car.

There are more than enough members on here that will vouch for my customer service and standard of work. If someone isn't happy about something I want to know about it so we can 1) see what went wrong and 2) rectify an issues and 3) learn from it if something went wrong.

You might not have been happy but you gave me absolutely no reasonable chance to rectify it or even inform me of it until I seen your remarks online.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Was thinking of having the other half’s new car coated but have since decided to try out different waxes instead. Have had my last few cars coated but really not happy with the performance this time around (more so on the upward facing panels such as roof and bonnet). Actually much happier with results after applying either wax or even C2v3 on the other half’s car - plus waxing gets me an extra few minutes peace 😃

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That rules me out with no garage currently lol. But just for curious what brands would you recommend pete for home application. May steal my dads garage or just stick to wax😂

For home application it's really hard to go wrong with the car pro stuff, especially if it's your first time.

Just make sure you have the paint corrected or prepared to a level you are happy with. Then make sure the car is wiped down with a panel wipe before hand to remove any of the oils etc from polishing it.

Soak the applicator evenly then crack on in small sections (for the bonnet split it into say 8 sections in your head) when you apply, remove with one cloth initially, this will also help evenly distribute it, then with a second cloth, buff down thoroughly and wipe beyond the area each time to ensure its all off.

Just repeat this process as you go along. Change your applicator a few times. As the air reacts with the coating it will start to crystallise so you can put little fine scratches in so changing the applicator stops this. Same with your cloths. 6-8 cloths to do the car depending on its size.

If you have a diffused led light it will help you see any bits you have missed as you go along. Just take your time and you will be grand :grinning:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Pete you know my car was sold ,you could not provide me with the cerial number of the coating you used and you told me you would take the number of another customers car to get me sorted out .you are telling lies my friend .i have no doubt you have many satisfied customers but you well know I rang and spoke to your brother at 5pm on the second day you had my car as I had heard nothing from you and he told me that you,s were very busy and my car was being started shortly .
I got a phone call the next day at midday to call and collect my car .now that’s 18 hours max if you worked all night at it .
I have the call logs and the video you sent me at 8pm App of you machine polishing my car .
Your making this up as you go along as you have done for the past 18 months .

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
As for slating you online ,I have never mentioned you or your company to anyone . A work colleague put a comment up saying “I wonder who this was” in relation to an unhappy customer over whatever reason .dont dare make out a load of crap here .

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
It wasn't sold many many months prior, when I contacted you wanting to rectify it. I also wouldn't have given you the serial number to another customers car as they are registered to each individual vehicle BUT as I explained before the guarantee doesn't transfer to the next owner. That is Gtechniqs policy, not mine.

You wanted me to get involved in a legal proceeding that my hands had been tied with because none of the necessary steps had been followed to allow me to do so.

I personally seen you mentioning several times online about how your coating didn't work etc etc yet had never contacted me.

As soon as I seen it, I contacted you, offering to look at the car immediately. Only then did you say to me you weren't happy. I asked when I could get the car in to look at it. You ignored me. I followed up and asked again and you ignored me.

What am I meant to do here? You had formed you opinion and that was that. If you did speak to my brother he obviously was mistaken, at that time we had 4 staff and several cars in at any time.

I personally worked on your car, again I am telling you it is simply not possible to do even the paint correction part of that job within an evening, yet it was done to a high standard and you were happy with that, just not the performance of the coating.

My offer still stands that I would offer you a significant discount on your new car.

I have at no time tried to deny there was any issue with your car. But to be told we didn't apply it or that I rushed it is just simply not the truth. The coatings are simply something we apply. I have no part of the manufacturing of it and as such if something has failed that stops it bonding or performing I can't know that. It will need the feedback from the customer for us to recifty.

If you bought a TV and it had a fault you would take it to get it looked at by the seller. Or a new car or any other item you would give the seller the opportunity to rectify, repair or replace the item.

I never got that opportunity, I honestly don't see what I could do to please you.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Look as you say two sides and all that .if you would like to see the messages that’s still on my phone here I will happily send them to you .
My car sold on the 18th of July ,we spoke first In August and first text was the 23rd September I think it was .quite hard for me to bring you a car that you wanted to look at when it was long sold .
Yes 100% you offered to look at it for me ,Again it was sold as you know .
I asked for details from you and you couldn’t provide them ,what else am I to expect if a top quality product had begun to fail after approx 6 weeks .
End of conversation ,it’s going nowhere .

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I think you may be mistaken there. It was actually the 1st May I first contacted you about it here through PM.

I really don't like the fact you are unhappy about it. I don't want anyone to come away from my place with a bad experience. Unfortunately once the car was sold there really was little further I could do to help at that point.

My motto is always you are only as good as your last job and the reason I do what I do is because I want my customers to be life long customers. Again I would like the opportunity to see that right, so if you decide to get something done with the new car I would appreciate the opportunity to give you that positive experience.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Look as you say two sides and all that .if you would like to see the messages that’s still on my phone here I will happily send them to you .
My car sold on the 18th of July ,we spoke first In August and first text was the 23rd September I think it was .quite hard for me to bring you a car that you wanted to look at when it was long sold .
Yes 100% you offered to look at it for me ,Again it was sold as you know .
I asked for details from you and you couldn’t provide them ,what else am I to expect if a top quality product had begun to fail after approx 6 weeks .
End of conversation ,it’s going nowhere .
Can you f up. I wanna know about wax and cermaic coating. Go private message n stupid ruining my saturday happyness

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I know this is a wax thread

But whats pros and cons for wax v home applied ceramic coatings

Ive always used wax etc so interested to hear about anyone experiences?

Like @big_had said previously, even the home application ceramics need as much prep as the pro range products.

I've recently bought and applied CarPro CQuartz Lite to 3 cars and all 3 went through a full decontamination, 2 step machine correction, final wipe down with CarPro Eraser before application then I topped it with 2 coats of CarPro Reload. Reload will help with the curing of the ceramic from external elements. It is possible to apply these products outside, but if a garage is at all possible to use, that's exactly what I'd recommend.

In comparison, a wax is as easy as a wash with some sort of decon soap, maybe a product to remove old protections like Angelwax Stripped Ease to give you a 'clean' surface then apply and remove.

2-3 days versus a handful of hours.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
All of those products are available from @Davey@Procar

20200813_163644.jpg

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Like @big_had said previously, even the home application ceramics need as much prep as the pro range products.

I've recently bought and applied CarPro CQuartz Lite to 3 cars and all 3 went through a full decontamination, 2 step machine correction, final wipe down with CarPro Eraser before application then I topped it with 2 coats of CarPro Reload. Reload will help with the curing of the ceramic from external elements. It is possible to apply these products outside, but if a garage is at all possible to use, that's exactly what I'd recommend.

In comparison, a wax is as easy as a wash with some sort of decon soap, maybe a product to remove old protections like Angelwax Stripped Ease to give you a 'clean' surface then apply and remove.

2-3 days versus a handful of hours.
Cheers man will have a youtube at that stuff!!

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Don't want to get into a debate, but my car has a coating done by Pete over 3 years ago and it's still going strong. The point I want to get across though is that the hydrophobic proportion of the coating doesn't last that long though. But I know the protection is still there as three years down the line, I've still very limited amount of swirls etc.

I've topped up several times with C2v3 (after unclogging) but still find the water behaviour not lasting very long. Though the last I've applied C2v3 but layered anachem hybrid on top and found this combination seems to have worked. Water sheeting has been excellent and its been a while since I've applied it.

Just something to try.....

Walder

RMS Regular
Just a quick one... I have / use bilt hamber double speed wax on my black car.

Just bored last night and seen poor boys blue natty coming up time and again, does anyone know how it compares or any other or better waxes for black paint?

This is mainly to hand to the wife for stocking fillers as I am a pain to get anything for.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Highly reccomend this kit from AMDetails. So easy to apply and remove

I tried it out on my runabout, 2 coats of sealant and coat of wax. Beads like mad even on a boggin car that I've barely had a chance to wash recently
It wasn't very expensive from memory, under £30 and had a discount code to add to it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201217-115513_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201217-115513_Chrome.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 50

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Just a quick one... I have / use bilt hamber double speed wax on my black car.

Just bored last night and seen poor boys blue natty coming up time and again, does anyone know how it compares or any other or better waxes for black paint?

This is mainly to hand to the wife for stocking fillers as I am a pain to get anything for.

Double speed is far superior, don’t waste your time!