bad smash on motorway this mornin

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
this mornin i was on my way to work from portadown - lurgan via the motorway, after the m12 roundabout i went str8 towards the motorway and round the corner was 3 traffic branch cars, at first i thought it was a speed check, but soon realised the real reason. A red mr2 was lying in the hedges and had completly flattened a lamp post, deffo didnt look good, just wondered if anyone had ne more info on it r indeed seen it

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
saw it this mornin myself.... looked like a RWD meets damp road out of roundabout kinda thing...

Nordonian

RMS Regular
OP
Nordonian
thats wat i was thinking 2, ive never seen a lamp post flattened so bad, it was lying flat, any hit posts ive seen are only bent this was totally down

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
yup. he seems to have hit it a fair wack.. then rather than the car crumpling round it, the post has just given way and just fallen unto the top of the car....

not nice i'm sure.

Gambit

RMS Regular
only time i ever heard of something like that was the time years ago when a stolen 5 series bmw lost control coming past the BP garage on the way into Holywood, it wiped out a lamp post in the process, the post was actually bent in a C shape. people lost their lives that day

Nordonian

RMS Regular
OP
Nordonian
RMS_LoudAss said:
I snapped a telegraph pole when i crashed.
Not very nice at all.

wooden or metal one?
this was a metal one
i was down motorway there goin to lurgan and the work men have replaced the pole its just missing a light now, them fellas dont waste any time

The Red

course they dont- if theres another accident the driver will blame poor light etc and claim its an accident blackspot.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.