Ballykelly Airfield Half Mile - Derry July 2nd 2022

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
@Boydie I didn't get a look at the Golf R or ask him if he was running WMI but from the pictures you can see it looks like there was only a driver seat in the interior. Has to be 500hp+. Though the recorded speeds are higher than actual speeds. He got 276.2km/h (171.62mph)

The highest I ever seen my speedo showing was 155mph and my fastest by their timing was 269.4km/h (167.39mph) @jonnylaris beat me on his last run with 270km/h (167.77mph). Everyone knows your car speedo will also be reading higher than your actual speed, my Draggy never gave my a 0-150mph time for the day so take these event speeds with a large pinch of salt.

My best 60-130mph was 9.26s, best 100-200km/h was 7.87s, 1/4mile 11.35s@122mph, my DSG tune needs sorted out as my 1st to 2nd gear shift wasn't going right on any of the runs. I think I'm going for a TVS gearbox tune ASAP as not prepared to get the boat back over to MRC for a re-tune. Also the last few runs something might have broke with my rear haldex... I was wheel spinning into 4th gear, Jonny even smoked my from a standing start lol, I did 19 runs in total for the day that included a few of the rolling starts.

It was good to see other members turnout, @stevieturbo @c_rad @jonnylaris if there was others I didn't know who you were or get talking to you.

Good to meet you at the event mate, your TTRS was a weapon.

Totally agree about the timing gear, it was off by a decent bit. The most I saw out of my speedo that day was 157mph. So I'd say realistically around 153-154 in reality.

Can't remember the guys name who owned the Golf R but he told me it was stage 3 with hybrid turbos and a custom tune that he had done himself. I think the passenger seat was out as you say and maybe some other weight savings.

Was a good day out overall though. We got lucky with the weather, just a pity more cars didn't turn up.

I'll be going on the 11th September but currently looking to upgrade to an F90 M5 Comp so may well be in that by the time comes all being well!