Ballykelly Airfield Half Mile - Derry July 2nd 2022

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Event Date
2 Jul 2022
Something a bit different -

The first RunwayClub event of 2022 will be at Ballykelly Airfield, Derry and it promises to get the adrenaline pumping for all the petrol heads out there.

This event will be half mile with top speed recorded, with cars of different BHP divided into sub-categories. There are limited registration for each category so get applying quickly before space run out.

1653933204835.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Also how on earth do you enforce those categories based on power? There will be a few lies told to ensure people are in the lower classes I’m sure

56oval

RMS Regular
Lets be real, its 2022.

Nothing of this format exists anywhere in the country. Period.

The entry price although expensive reflects the service they are providing to those who compete whilst leaving enough to take some profit from the event. This ensures funds to be able to do it again and again..... Which in itself can only be a good thing.

£25 to for a day watching exotic cars going flat out is good value for money.

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Applied on first run so just waiting to hear if successful - yes it is expensive but as said, no one else on this island is running an event like this anymore - Bishops Court and St. Angelos are no more :worried:

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Suppose it’s the one-off event that pushes up the running costs. It doesn’t really seem like good value compared to a track day, but then again it isn’t a track day and can’t be compared as such.

In the same token, a track day is bad value compared to buying laps on the Nordschliefe. But again, can’t really compare the two.

Pete H

RMS Regular
Suppose it’s the one-off event that pushes up the running costs. It doesn’t really seem like good value compared to a track day, but then again it isn’t a track day and can’t be compared as such.

In the same token, a track day is bad value compared to buying laps on the Nordschliefe. But again, can’t really compare the two.
Agree, plus a track day usually ends up costing more when you factor in brake and tyre wear

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
There are events out there nearly every weekend, those prices are shocking money!

Where are the 1/2 mile or similar events locally ?

It'd be a bit like crying that a cycling event is too dear, or crap.....when not in a million years would I ever go to one anyway

If it interests you...go. If not, why cry bout it ? If anything everyone should be grateful anyone is bothering to try and run any events.

If you can do it cheaper, fair play to you and go for it. I sure as hell wouldn't be arsed trying to run an event !

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Happy to pay the fee as It’l be a day to remember & it’s on my doorstep.
Last one we attended was the Newtownards festival that didn’t work out circa July 2015. Brought a 997 & Sierra V6 24v along with a mates Omega. Timing equipment wasn’t functional & the weekend cost us £1,200 with fuel/food/accommodation.

Time to have another go 7 years later

1654035469303.png

steaa

RMS Regular
OP
steaa
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
The last one of these type of events up this direction which I remember was back in 2019 at St angelos.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Happy to pay the fee as It’l be a day to remember & it’s on my doorstep.
Last one we attended was the Newtownards festival that didn’t work out circa July 2015. Brought a 997 & Sierra V6 24v along with a mates Omega. Timing equipment wasn’t functional & the weekend cost us £1,200 with fuel/food/accommodation.

Time to have another go 7 years later

View attachment 363220
The timings were a right balls up. How much was it to enter, can you remember? I took my bugeye impreza to it (first and only time I've done any sort of racing) and was a great day but was let down by the fact I was none the wiser of how quick I was !

Edit, found my old thread from 2012 on Scoobyireland. £50 lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-065817_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-065817_Chrome.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: