Ballyrobert Bangor smashed up?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I drove past Ballyrobert Bangor last night on the way home from work. All the windows had been smashed and the police were walking around the lot inspecting the cars. I couldn’t see any cars with obvious damage so hopefully nobody scratched up the 2 Lotus’s they have for sale.
Anyone know the story? I’m guessing it’s a disgruntled costumer. I’ve experienced their awful after sales service first hand, so it adds up.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
I drove past Ballyrobert Bangor last night on the way home from work. All the windows had been smashed and the police were walking around the lot inspecting the cars. I couldn’t see any cars with obvious damage so hopefully nobody scratched up the 2 Lotus’s they have for sale.
Anyone know the story? I’m guessing it’s a disgruntled costumer. I’ve experienced their awful after sales service first hand, so it adds up.
Just drove past it few cars missing from the front line. Inc the Lotus's .

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I'm sure the Lotus's were there when I drove home from work this morning at 8am. Never noticed any cordon tape or a single person about the place.

I too have been on the un pleasant end of their horrific customer service......twice.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm sure the Lotus's were there when I drove home from work this morning at 8am. Never noticed any cordon tape or a single person about the place.

I too have been on the un pleasant end of their horrific customer service......twice.

Sister was on the receiving end of bad service from them, take a lot to convince me that there isnt dodgy dealings going on from inside.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I’ve had absolutely first class service from them with both Lotuses. Disgruntled or otherwise smashing a place up is disgraceful.

I didn’t mean for the post to be a review of the service. Probably shouldn’t of added it onto the end. I was just trying to figure out why someone would do such a thing. Obviously vandalism is disgraceful.
Might not be anything to do with a customer, could just be a bunch of kids being wee ****s.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I wonder if the local company of the men with woolly faces make a “collection for the band” from businesses like this

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Someone posted this photo up on Facebook. It doesn’t really show the extent of the damage. It’s looks worse in person.
Also another guy on Facebook said he saw at least a dozen cars with smashed windows. Including a £36k BMW.

I’m sure the place is surrounded with CCTV cameras and it’s right at the lights, so you would imagine there were witnesses. Hope they catch the scumbag.

Attachments

• 97C35CC6-538F-4970-AD62-3325D58CAE98.png
    97C35CC6-538F-4970-AD62-3325D58CAE98.png
    408.3 KB · Views: 849

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Looks like hammer marks. More than likely a disgruntled customer but absolutely no need for that.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Drove past a short time ago, def lots of showroom windows smashed, didn't notice any beat up cars however

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
This is the second time it’s happened. I was told by a fella that works there that cars where smashed up and then removed nearly straight away. Not sure which cars though.

AC

RMS Regular
Drove past this morning at around 10am on my way up to cars n coffee and remember thinking that they seemed very light on cars as there were a lot missing from the yard.

Didn’t think much more of it until I seen this thread. Pretty ****ty thing to do. What time did it happen?

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Drove past this morning at around 10am on my way up to cars n coffee and remember thinking that they seemed very light on cars as there were a lot missing from the yard.

Didn’t think much more of it until I seen this thread. Pretty ****ty thing to do. What time did it happen?

I passed at 17:50 and the police passed me just beforehand so I’m guessing around then.

AC

RMS Regular
Oh really? 17:50 on Saturday evening?

Still bright at that time! Whoever did that had some stones to do it in daylight, must have been seriously annoyed.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Happened what I think must be Desmond’s Ford in L/Derry recently as well...

From PSNI Foyle Facebook:

Police are appealing for information following a report of criminal damage at business premises in the Strand Road area of Derry/Londonderry.

At approximately 10.15am this morning, Saturday, 1 September, police were informed that 15 cars that had been parked in the forecourt of the premises had been damaged sometime overnight. It was also reported that 7 other cars had also been damaged on Saturday, 25 August.

Police would ask anyone who noticed any suspicious activity in the area or anyone who has information that could assist police enquiries to contact police at Strand Road on the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference 496 01/09/18. Alternatively, information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, which is 100% anonymous and gives people the power to speak up and stop crime.

LPT Sgt RW

Last edited:

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
Yeah, during the day. Obviously must of been incredibly angry over something. The man in cuffs looked to be around his 50’s.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Passed it today about 4 and could see pretty much every window in the showroom had been smashed, madness.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Bought an Astra off them about 8 years ago and their aftersales was basically non existent, needless to say I’ve not been back, not that I’d want another Vauxhall anyway lol