Banbridge motor works

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Need to negotiate a deal with all the e92s about lol. He did some work on my m3 last year and he’s a top lad and I would rather see a car maintained by him over any main dealer too

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
@dempster__ who did you go to in the end?
I've all the bits gathered but no one to fit them :worried:

No one yet mate! I need to get them done here shortly as the car is up for an oil service so just bite the bullet then. I will probably go with Colm at Banbridge Motor Works.

What bearings and bolts did you go for?
Need to negotiate a deal with all the e92s about lol. He did some work on my m3 last year and he’s a top lad and I would rather see a car maintained by him over any main dealer too

I say we get onto him here about a mass bearing job lol I will be getting mine hopefully done next month or March if all goes well.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
It dawned on me he's in the NI BMW group, so shot him a message there to see what a vague quote would be like. I went for ACL bearings, and ARP bolts, got engine mounts too as theyre handiest done when youre that far in

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
It dawned on me he's in the NI BMW group, so shot him a message there to see what a vague quote would be like. I went for ACL bearings, and ARP bolts, got engine mounts too as theyre handiest done when youre that far in

I was going to do the same but use the standard BMW bolts. Did you opt for genuine mounts or aftermarket?

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I was going to do the same but use the standard BMW bolts. Did you opt for genuine mounts or aftermarket?
I was going to go ACL with oem bolts. Is there 2 types of bearings? One with standard clearance and one with additional clearance or something?

what sort of miles are on your cars?

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
I was going to go ACL with oem bolts. Is there 2 types of bearings? One with standard clearance and one with additional clearance or something?

what sort of miles are on your cars?

I think that’s what I will do. I spoke to Mr Vanos in England and he’s done hundreds of them with the ACL bearings and OEM bolts with no issues. He also uses the standard clearance ones as they give a tiny bit more than OEM without going too much. Mines just turned 52k miles.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I think that’s what I will do. I spoke to Mr Vanos in England and he’s done hundreds of them with the ACL bearings and OEM bolts with no issues. He also uses the standard clearance ones as they give a tiny bit more than OEM without going too much. Mines just turned 52k miles.
I remember talking to Colm about it and he seemed to the ARP bolts are a bit overkill. Think the main advantage is they may be reusable but at huge expense really. I'm going to price up all the bits required, would be good to get an idea on labour cost

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
I remember talking to Colm about it and he seemed to the ARP bolts are a bit overkill. Think the main advantage is they may be reusable but at huge expense really. I'm going to price up all the bits required, would be good to get an idea on labour cost

That was the only real advantage that I knew of and the torquing procedure is different so saves time during the replacement process. Colm quoted me roughly £900 for labour so I was pricing the ACL bearings at £179 from rebuild.org and bolts at roughly £120 from JKC.

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
used Colum to do a few bits to my old Bmw 335d, he's a good man & dose things right, he's always busy/got plenty of work which is a good sign

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
That was the only real advantage that I knew of and the torquing procedure is different so saves time during the replacement process. Colm quoted me roughly £900 for labour so I was pricing the ACL bearings at £179 from rebuild.org and bolts at roughly £120 from JKC.
ill probably go down the same route and do engine mounts too. Going to make a plaque something for the removed bearings lol.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Here it is on the 18" winter wheels (and winter tyres) at the mo, but sitting nicely. Itll look much better back on th
20200213_170630.jpg
e 19s.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
@Cookies I may have been behind your car heading through seapatrick on Thursday.
colins a neighbour of mine, (a neighbour out here is classified as someone within a 4 field radius) I always look out for bmw drivers looking potentially lost heading out the back road and think is this an RMSer 🤣

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
@Cookies I may have been behind your car heading through seapatrick on Thursday.
colins a neighbour of mine, (a neighbour out here is classified as someone within a 4 field radius) I always look out for bmw drivers looking potentially lost heading out the back road and think is this an RMSer 🤣
Good eyes mate! I lifted it from him around 5 on Thirsday alright. 👍