Batteries...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I need a new battery for the 306 and I've been phoning round to get prices this morning. Funny thing is though I don't want the original sized one, I want the biggest beast I can fit into the space. Most places seem to think this is a stupid idea for some unknown reason.

I just want the heaviest battery I can get because I might be using it to start other cars that need a heavier battery in the future and there's also a lot of goodies and things in the 306 that suck battery power.

What is the effect of putting a heavier duty battery (type 096 - 650a) in a car that only requires a 590a? I can't see any problem with it - other than the fact that the battery tray will need slightly modified to accept the longer battery. The battery in it at the moment is only a tiny 420a!

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Suppose this should really be in RMS Surgery rather than general motoring?

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I suppose that could be a factor...

One of the places I rang said if I can fit an 096 in there that's happy days because it's a better battery. I'll fit it in alright :lol:

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
I do it to my cars - just get the biggest thing that will fit. Never any problems.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.