Battery is fooked!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
this is the second time now it has drained so will be getting a new one tomorrow, does anyone know the cheapest about portadown area or south armagh area???

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
its a AAA i need :worried:

will give them a call tomorrow :?:

Cormac

RMS Regular
kerzo said:
this is the second time now it has drained so will be getting a new one tomorrow, does anyone know the cheapest about portadown area or south armagh area???

Car battery ??

Cormac

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
honestly dont have a clue what would be causing it :worried:

will try in the morning for a few places

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
anything else it could be?? the past two times it has happened is when it was left overnight and drained by the morning

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
If you have a muti-meter you can test it, but then u gotta find whats causing it. The central locking / convnience electrics are the most common. Put simply they are meant to shut down a while after you lock the car, but if they stay on due to faulty electrics or back feeding caused by dodgy wiring, then thats why your battery is draining. Do you have an aftermarket alarm/central locking controller?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
nope just the standard one, what would i look for if i was checking it?

Cormac

RMS Regular
If ur battery keeps dieing like this id be taking it back to were ever u bought it and demanding ur money back!!

Cormac

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
got a new batt today from autotrade on the tandragee road for £26 with a year guarantee, pretty good compared to £50 in kwik fit, £37 in charles hurst and £34 in gibsons on the gilford road :grinning:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
well it starts a lot better now!! whoever was at the rr day will know that it wasnt too healthy :lol:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
92bhp with slightly upped fuelling, loads more to go cos it wasnt smoking all that much compared to the other 2 :lol:

dturbopug

They are meant to be 92bhp standard!!! Did you do the fuel yourself, have you a lucas or bosch pump??

dturbopug

I have the lucas pump me thinks, although me old 306 was bosch, any idea which is better or easier to tinker with?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
OP
Kerzo
Drives
Leon FR
he asked the easiest to tinker with....not the smokiest :lol:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.