Battery Tester

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Hi Simon,

What would you have in the was of a battery tester,
Something to determine if a battery is on its way out or worth charging again.
The frost has been hard on a few batteries here.

Something that doesn't break the bank either as it will only see occasional use.
Thanks

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Hi Simon,

What would you have in the was of a battery tester,
Something to determine if a battery is on its way out or worth charging again.
The frost has been hard on a few batteries here.

Something that doesn't break the bank either as it will only see occasional use.
Thanks

Sorry for the slow reply Andy working down south this week.

What about something cheap and cheerful or did you have something fancier in mind?

Sealey

Andy044

RMS Regular
OP
Andy044
Drives
^^^^^^
Sorry for the slow reply Andy working down south this week.

What about something cheap and cheerful or did you have something fancier in mind?

Sealey
Something like that would do alright for diagnostics I might take one as well, but I was looking something along the lines of something able to tell you if you have a dead cell in the battery, to see if its worth charging or if its properly goosed.

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Something like that would do alright for diagnostics I might take one as well, but I was looking something along the lines of something able to tell you if you have a dead cell in the battery, to see if its worth charging or if its properly goosed.

Ok so the 91/3 seems to be the best bet for individual cell checking. Ignore the advertised price.

Sealey

Also the bt2012 would be popular with some of the garages....

Sealey

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.