Bavarian, Country Garage and Prentice BMW contacts please

JJM

RMS Member
Another vote for JKC, by far the best service I've received from any dealer at any price point. I always deal with Michael McManus and he has matched TRL deals for me before so shop around before running over the water.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Good to hear top reports on JKC. My previous experience was poor but am willing to give them another try and so far it's looking good. Their price so far is not right on the mark but not far off. Response to emails has been swift and a quote came quick after my initial visit.

Country Garage gave a quote, initially wrong as they included an option I had not asked for. Even when corrected the price is high. Prentice replied with a standard format thanks for your interest email attaching a brochure with no personalisation and no quotes. No reply yet from Bavarian.

So in terms of service and price so far for the local dealers it's looking good for JKC.

e320mark

RMS Regular
Stay local @davyk31 JKC are fantastic to deal with. I use them regularly for Parts and Servicing - I'll ping you across a mail with who to contact.

Went to see the new M135i on Saturday, the interior is awesome - such a nice place to sit. Never got to test drive though.
You could try Richard Kernohan at JKC too, really nice guy!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I honestly can't speak highly enough of JKC. They pretty much matched the TRL price for my F31, they gave me a new 1 series as a loan car for a few weeks when I had sold my S3 and was awaiting my new F31, they sorted a few wee warranty issues without any problems at all, any time I left it in for a service car I got a loan car with less than 1k miles and their service in general anytime you call in is 100%.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Can I ask who TRL are? I’ve never heard of them before!
Screenshot_20191001-072547_Instagram.jpg

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Alex Jackson in Boucher bmw

Newish guy

Couldn't have done more for me even when I wasn't really fussed on a bmw. Ended up buying it. Says it's all really. Compared to Audi and Mercedes he was a proper gent.

e320mark

RMS Regular
A lot of sales seem to have left Bavarian recently. We always dealt with Mark Mills who was superb! Have to say their after sales wasn’t too good. Haven't looked back since changing to JKC!

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
End of the day it all comes down to who is offering the best deal they are all in it for themselves

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
We went for Misano blue. Initially feelings were it’s a bit too bright but colour choice is poor. Didn’t really want white or black, then there are 2 greys. Reckon the Mineral grey will be a very common choice across the 1 series range so avoided it. There is Storm Bay which is primer grey which in theory should be good but it reality it’s very flat with an almost mauve like appearance. That left Melbourne red and the blue. Do still like the red but wife not too keen and it’s her car and we have never owned a red car so guess that says something. The JKC showroom car is blue so that’s the choice.

e320mark

RMS Regular
We went for Misano blue. Initially feelings were it’s a bit too bright but colour choice is poor. Didn’t really want white or black, then there are 2 greys. Reckon the Mineral grey will be a very common choice across the 1 series range so avoided it. There is Storm Bay which is primer grey which in theory should be good but it reality it’s very flat with an almost mauve like appearance. That left Melbourne red and the blue. Do still like the red but wife not too keen and it’s her car and we have never owned a red car so guess that says something. The JKC showroom car is blue so that’s the choice.
Sounds lovely! Must get a run up to coleraine & have a look at them!
Have a bit of a thing for a JCW works mini too!

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
They have a blue one in the showroom with the Plus Pack and a red demo one on the 18” wheels.

Needs the 19” wheels from the Plus Pack in my option. That also gives sun pro glass which looks good against the blue. The front of the cars isn’t maybe it’s best view but the back looks very purposeful.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
A lot of sales seem to have left Bavarian recently. We always dealt with Mark Mills who was superb! Have to say their after sales wasn’t too good. Haven't looked back since changing to JKC!

Change in the commission structure group-wide is pissing a lot of people off.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Always wondered how commission works for a salesperson. Is it a fixed amount or a percentage of profit or some other measure.