Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
As above, some NI numbers up for auction:

1617180962548.png

PAULW

RMS Regular
Waste of time, prices are crazy these days. Don't forget the fees, which add a significant amount to the prices. For an NI plate, you could buy one off someone a lot cheaper, for something personal, such as a name-based plate, well they're bigger money but will be worth more to sell.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Waste of time, prices are crazy these days. Don't forget the fees, which add a significant amount to the prices. For an NI plate, you could buy one off someone a lot cheaper, for something personal, such as a name-based plate, well they're bigger money but will be worth more to sell.
I was looking at the fee's there and it seems to be safe to say you need to add around 30%, plus £80.

I bought a 2-digit NI reg from Wilson's years ago and don't recall fee's being that much.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I was looking at the fee's there and it seems to be safe to say you need to add around 30%, plus £80.

I bought a 2-digit NI reg from Wilson's years ago and don't recall fee's being that much.

Auction price, plus vat
+
Fees @ 7% plus vat
+
£80 transfer

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Everyone is trying to flog them these days from the bedroom. Prices are mad for a largely absolutely pointless thing.

Which you don’t even own if I remember correctly. You effectively lease or license to display the number that DVLA own.
It’s actually genius of DVLA actually.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They can take the plates off you if you don’t display them properly. Not sure there’s any other scenarios where they can stop you using them. Plenty of instances of a plate being passed down through generations too.

They’re a commodity now and unlike most other changes we make to our cars they generally appreciate in value.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Which you don’t even own if I remember correctly. You effectively lease or license to display the number that DVLA own.
It’s actually genius of DVLA actually.

You are correct. The DVA retains ownership of all vehicle registrations and can revoke them at anytime. They simply allow you to use it on your vehicle.

As @Coog states the most common reason for revocation is if you 'misuse' the registration however if it were to become offensive, and they receive complaints about it, then it may also be revoked.

They also do not issue compensation if a registration is revoked as they issue you with another.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Everyone is trying to flog them these days from the bedroom. Prices are mad for a largely absolutely pointless thing.
I was bidding on a few a couple of years ago that would have meant something to me but not to anyone else likely, all were bid up to silly prices, and two of them weren't on cars the last time that I checked!

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Current Auction finishing today.
Was bidding on this to go with INZ 18 but its now at mental money.
No way could I justify £2250 for a 2 digit plate!

Ah well. ☹

Screenshot_20210518-162226_Chrome.jpg

KevM

RMS Regular
Is it just me, or is that a damn strange looking plate? Most other digit combos would be better, that looks like it's trying to be some strange name or word!!