Bedford Rascal!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AndyG

RMS Regular
CD7C368B-6698-4CCC-9047-00DE27362D15.jpeg
678D50AF-0A60-46F7-9AA2-705DF94900D7.jpeg
03C8E64F-F234-403D-92C1-13F472478998.jpeg
5D75E160-725D-4E39-97BD-2D7562CC8225.jpeg
E4608751-DECF-4649-AD06-5DE95D12DA8F.jpeg
E314A82D-F76F-45DE-B5A7-7CFB4D145E55.jpeg

Thought I’d put a thread up for this wee wagon I bought, needs a proper good clean but will be cool to document it!

It’s a 1988 Bedford Rascal van.. 46k miles with a full dealer stamped history as it was serviced every year. I bought it off a guy in work who bought it off a close friend who owned it from new! For the age and the condition most of these vans are in it is very very clean!

Going to post pictures of each job as I do them cause who doesn’t love a tiny van!

Not concours by any means but Itl be a brilliant wee thing for picking up car parts!

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
Very cool. Is this the type of van Hammond rolled in TG?

Yea I watched it after I brought this home last night, I don’t think they would be too hard to tip!

Very cool . You don't know what to be at these days .

Does it have 5 gears?

Yea 5 speed.. apparently they’re quite sought after but don’t see it

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I remember years and years ago, I was young and stupid driving down the Lisburn road and there was this women walking at the side of the road with an arse that I’d never seen the like of before.
I was too busy looking at her and before I knew it....boom...right into the back of a white Bedford Rascal. Ah the memories.

Always liked these wee vans.

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
It will maybe get something like that eventually but the standard engine is so slow it’s fun lol

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
You are bonkers, but fair play. This is surely for carting about the beard oils and motorbike?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Do you even fit in that Andy? Without having to lie down in the bacl and drive it like Hightower from Police Academy lol?!

Hectic big lad, hectic! But health to banterous driving (y)

Lee

RMS Regular
Some yoke! Don't be putting a bike engine in that, you'd roll it putting it into gear 8o|

Bigadamski

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
When i was over in London I couriered in a red one of these, Full right lock, lift the clutch and the wee skitters do donuts lol Def a wee funbus

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
Haven’t had the balls to try and kick the arse out on it incase I end up with it in its roof lol

Serious fun just cruising about in it, the noise from the carbs remind me of the Integra!

Had planned to try get the motorbikes in the back but I just don’t think it’s long enough sadly

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Amazing! These are brilliant fun. A boy I run about with in my teens had a Dibatsu Hijet and we attempted to get the tail out a few times, but even better than that we made it wheelie and stoppie....scary as f*** but we had brilliant fun.:joy: .. .. Enjoy mate!(y)

Remember a boy bombing about with a green one with a bike engine in the back, was hilarious too!:joy:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
There is something about these that's just cool.

Have to say as good as a bike engine would be, I would nearly go for a sub 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo from something to be different!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Awesome. You should consider keeping the graphics, many an hour was spent in there as a youth and it adds a bit or retro to it.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Love these wee things.

I had a Hijet a few years ago which is a bit taller and it was a hairy bastid of a thing in corners and high winds. Had it do a couple of endo’s in the yard 1 day too which nearly resulted in brown trunks... :oops:

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
They are mad things to drive, 50mph is more than enough in it! Can’t wait to get a bit off time off work to give it a good polish.. front and rear stickers are coming off but the sides are staying.

If anyone knows somewhere local for pets that would be great. Need a choke cable and temperature sensor for the radiator as the temp gauge isn’t working

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I love these things too. Are you going for a particular look or just tidy and standard?

Know of a fella who’s recently got a red one with a bike engine in it. Stupidly noisy thing. Met him and his wife out in it a few weeks ago and she had ear plugs in lol

AndyG

RMS Regular
OP
AndyG
I love these things too. Are you going for a particular look or just tidy and standard?

Know of a fella who’s recently got a red one with a bike engine in it. Stupidly noisy thing. Met him and his wife out in it a few weeks ago and she had ear plugs in lol
Just want to try keep it original and tidy looking, just going to try clean it up best I can and take it out for spins..

Would be cool to modify it and make it look cool but I think it would take the fun out of it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.