Before Facetube: The Hire by BMW Films

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: Back when I started RMS in 2001, I was on dial up 56k internet, and there was no Facebook or Youtube. Downloading or streaming a film was a whimsical dream. Any videos were passed about on CDs or on one forum I was a member, Eamonnobrien.com (which then became octane.ie, and then closed), had a €œHard Drive around Ireland€. Full of car video goodness.

Anyway, I'€™ll cut to the chase. As there were a lot less videos back then, there was much better quality as it took decent money to get a video shot, never mind on the internet. So over the next several weeks I'€™ll be pumping out some of the best pre-youtube videos to enjoy in my new Before Facetube series.

First up is easy. BMW decided to blow a fortune on internet shorts, that were then shown as trailers in front of movies, back in the early 2000s. There’s a whole series of them called 'The Hire'€ starring Clive Owen as this mysterious driver piloting BMW M cars of the era.

This one below, Star, features Owen, an E39 BMW M5, Madonna, a sound track by Blur, and was directed by none other than Guy Ritchie. Throwback awesome. Enjoy.

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I've had that saved on every computer I've had. Such a good bit of PR from BMW

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I've another handful lined up for the next lot of weeks articles... but if you oul' hands have any suggestions drop me a PM!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Let's spice things up with a jumping E39

y0x6svmxirqhyvgempdw.gif

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.